Untitled

Untitled

A Poem by Meagan

Maybe in time these wounds will finally heal- maybe in time my tears will stop and so will the fear.

Fear of what?  Most don't understand- fear of myself, of life, of death- fear of loving, of losing, of gaining and self-destructing.

Am I irrational, different from the rest?  Am I unique in this cruel, quiet unrest?

Is time a healer or just a procrastinator of pain?  Does my mind tell lies to my heart so my soul will cease to be?

Elusive are the ways- the ways of God, the ways of man.  Neither makes sense to me and neither can I seem to get right.

Lost in confusion- a fog of misconstrued ideation- from the time of my youth until today, all put in a blender now an abhorrent taste.

Good versus evil, right versus wrong- time is eternity and all I can sing is this melancholy song.

 

© 2008 Meagan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this sounds like it was written in a lot of pain. However, something a lot of people relate to. someone once wrote, that there are only 2 true emotions Love and Fear. the emotions we are used to identifying are just things that fall under those two categories. You should not feel invalid for feeling fear. It is one of the most common feelings and one of the hardest to admit. Here you are writing about what you are fearful of and putting it out there for people to share in the experience. Your poem is brave and honest. It is the kind of piece that a reader comes across and nods there head remembering a time they felt the same way.
Thank you!

peace,
danielle

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
1 Review
Added on February 23, 2008

Author

Meagan
Meagan

Redding, CA



Writing