The Forbidden

The Forbidden

A Story by Lily
"

This is an intro to a story I'm working on and I wanted to get peoples honest opinions. Its this story where two twins try to fight off their destiny and the demns that try to kill them.

"

Growing up, all of my friends mothers explained to them that it was wrong to lie and what the consequences were. That if they told a lie they would be punished. But for me? Mommy told me I had to lie to survive. When I was four years old she started to ask me questions about our home life and I had to make up lies. I had to lie aout my father and where he was, my mothers day job, and what I did in my spare time. Why I always fell asleep in school or why there were bruises all over me from the monsters. I had to learn not to sweat, not to make my pulse race, keep my eyes forward, and body still. I was an extremely deceiving person by the time I was six. You could ask me why it was sunny and I would tell you its hailing. You’d believe me too. 

After I mastered the art of lying, I then hd to move on to the next step in my training: combat training. First it was balance. I remember having to walk all around this balance beam obstacle course Mark made for me to complete my training with a bucket on my head. Then the bucket was filled with water which then moved onto some sort of weird smelling liquid I later learned was acid. The one day I tripped and some of the acid burned the skin on my shoulder was the first day I saw my mothers healing abilitys. She layed me down on the ground and hovered her hands over the burn. It was bubbling and I could smel the burning flesh. It was a smell I have became used to. Tears became to escape from my eyes. The pain was unbearable. My mother wiped away my tears. She then waved her hands over me and the acid drained from my skin. That was the last time I fell during balance training. It was also the last day I cried in front of anyone. 

 It was then my mothers turn to lie about how I was so sick I wasn’t in school for four months. There was a bunch of weird things and lies my mother came up with. And if people became suspicious we had to pack up everything and move to a different state. Burn everything and make new lives for ourselves. Literally. New identities, birth certificates, all that fun stuff. Because of all the forged documents I got to chose a new identity for myself. I got to pick my name. April, Samara, Natlie, Callie were only some of my names. As I grew into my teens I was also able to dye my hair. I dyed my hair red and purple and black. Those were my three favorites. Mother also let me change my style. If I had a totslly new look they couldn't track me as well. They'd be looking for someone totally different from who I was.  

After balance, various moves around the country, and many different hair colors we moved onto endurance. I had to sprint to school every morning and then when I had to make a detour through that ally one time I had to make up another lie of why I was late. I had to run around fields after being chased my Mark or my mother who were throwing fireballs or rocks at me. I remember running in the forest and ducking under tree branches or jumping onto rocks to get over the raging river. Jumping off cliffs and landing perfectly in a crouched posyion to avoid breaking an ankle.

I also had to lie about the bruises my brother gave me in combat training when my sleeves rolled up or when I was forced to wear those shorts that ride up your butt in gym. When we would take those balance sticks and learn to attack and block. That was all the boring stuff. After that it was knives and swords. Now that was fun. I loved learning about the different types of weapons and the different ways to kill the different creatures. Rip out a werewolves heart, behead a dark angel, or my favorite is just using enhanced swords to send demons back to hell. None of that exrocism stuff. It doesn't work, only makes them mad. Combat was always my favorite. The adrenaline ruh you got when you swung the weapons knowing it was either your life or theirs. But this wasn’t supposed to be fun. Killing these creatures who invaded our house at ungodly hours of the morning wasn’t supposed to be fun. It was my destiny.

The day I turned thirteen was the day when the forbidden started to realize we existed. The forbidden are twelve high and mighty demons who thought they ruled the world. We gave off this scent to them and their trackers which were what humans call mythical creatures, would lead us to them. We always killed the trackers and found ways to hide our unique scent. I’m still waiting on the day I can get my hands on Jamial. I want to walk right up to him and thrust my night sword into the back of his head and kill him. Just like how he killed my father. All of this training, fighting, and running all led up to the day I turned sixteen. That was when I was supposed to get my marks and be even more powerful. The forbidden don't like that. 

Well today I turned sixteen. I really wish I didn’t. At midnight, the door busted down revealing this beast. It was covered in long, matted hair with eyes that glowed like rubies. It smelled a foul musty smell which was mixed with dried blood that was utterly dreadful. I immediately sprang out of bed and grabbed my dagger from under my pillow and lunging for my sword that was resting at the foot of my bed. By that time my mother had stabbed the beast which I recognized as a pilosus. My brother Ash and I were in our fighting positions. Our backs were pressed against each other in order to get every angle of the room covered. Pilosus’ are very strong but very stupid. Their brains are the size of an apple but most of it is just empty space. A sudden thought occurred to me as I glanced over at Ash. These things travel in packs. I raised my dagger to go help my mother when a dozen more broke through the windows of our safe house. 

I turned on one and stabbed it straight in the neck. Blood and ichor escaped out of the wound. I yanked my dagger out and it collapsed to the ground, its eyes fading to an empty black. I swirled around and stabbed another in the arm and then slashed its guts. I was in my fighting zone, hacking and slashing away, when I heard a horrible scream. Five of the beasts have each seized apart of my mother and pulled. The pulled so hard that they tore her into five pieces. I screamed out for her as they threw her around like trash. But they were the trash. I saw the remains of my mother scattered across the room. There was blood everywhere. One of the beasts turned at me. It seemed to grin at me as blood dripped from its yellow fangs.

Suddenly I was blinded by rage. I saw red. My vision was focused on one of the beasts and with a flick of my wrist they were all dead. Dark energy surged out of my body and across the room. Black mist filled the room engulfing the demons. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Ash dive down under the bed to avoid getting hit by my wrath. I can't control this energy it just comes out during times of extreme emotion. Mother and Mark were supposed to start teachig Ash and myself to control our powers tomorrow. I guess we have to do it on our own now. As soon as it started it was all over. I crashed onto my knees and just sat there. I felt the comforting hand of my brother resting upon my shoulder. We sat there staring at the scene of blood before us. I bit my lip to keep the tars from escaping my eyes. One stubbornly made its way down my cheek and I reached up and wiped it away. I slowly stood up and my brother wrapped me in his arms. I knew we were thinking the same thing. Lie to survive and survive to save the world.

 

© 2014 Lily


Author's Note

Lily
I just want honest opinions on what you think so far. Thank you :) Sorry for any mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on June 18, 2014
Last Updated on June 18, 2014
Tags: fantasy, demons, life, love, fiction, twins, powers, supernatural

Author

Lily
Lily

East Greenbush, NY



About
I'm a sixteen year old writer who just wants to make her mark on the world. more..

Writing
An Image Of Me An Image Of Me

A Poem by Lily