vitamin d

vitamin d

A Story by medsearcher1
"

the body's solar charger

"

Vitamin D The Human Body’s

 Solar Charger

Very few people today give much attention to the vitamin world yet vitamins are responsible for so much in our health and welfare. Vitamins are hard at work creating reactions and helping processes that are so vital to our lives, without them life would be full of disease or we wouldn’t have life at all. What happens when we don’t have enough of these workers is similar to what happens when you try to construct a building with no concrete, you get a lot of mud. There are several types of important vitamins out there some the body makes on its own and some we need to furnish it with a proper diet , we are going to focus in on Vitamin D.

   The foreman of building materials

     Vitamin D is the regulator of calcium and phosphorus, the minerals that help shape and give strength to our bones. It also regulates immune function and helps maintain a healthy body weight. In several studies Vitamin D is shown to reduce heart attacks, lower cancer risk, and has been shown to prevent  rheumatoid arthritis in women. Having trouble with asthma? Vitamin D  levels were shown to be low in children with asthma in a recent study done by a Harvard medical group with children in Costa Rica. Since there are so many benefits to having Vitamin D at optimal performance, how do we get such a valuable resource?

      A Day in the Sun

     Simple sunlight is the answer,the skin reacts to sunlight by creating Vitamin D when you are outside. Only a very small amount of time is necessary to begin the reactions needed to create a steady supply of this prime nutrient . Two 15 minute sessions once a week will be all you need. However the further you get from the equator (less sunlight ) you may need to supplement from outside sources other than  sunlight. A supplement of cholecalciferol at 1000 IU daily will produce enough Vitamin D to keep your supplies up at optimal levels. A warning to the wise: do not stay in the sun too long without protection many skin diseases are know to be caused by direct sunlight for extended periods of time .

     It’s a wrap

     Please discuss having your Vitamin D levels checked with you doctor , if an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure it might be a good idea to have this looked into so we can prevent many of the diseases we see in our lives

© 2014 medsearcher1


Author's Note

medsearcher1
let me know what u think

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is well written and gives great information! Very useful. I enjoyed reading it! Splendid work :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
1 Review
Added on October 6, 2014
Last Updated on October 6, 2014

Author

medsearcher1
medsearcher1

spring hill , FL



About
I'm Patrick and i'm so new it"s ridiculous. I work in the medical profession and curenlty working on a home business that will allow me to work from home . My utimate plan is to work from a sailboat w.. more..

Writing