Jane

Jane

A Story by Meerie_EJ
"

one of my more...interesting ideas... at least I think so...

"

Deep in the bowels of the the earth, there lives a creature called Jane. Jane strives to break free. Jane rocks the earth to and fro. Soon Jane shall walk the face unhindered. If Jane breaks free. Run. If Jane hears you. Hide. If Jane finds you. You. Will. Die. 


Jane rumbled, the earth shook with his grumblings. Nine grotesque, hairy legs, vaguely humanoid, his body larger than any beast or thing that walked the planet. Tusks pierced his face as they curled upward from his lower jaw. A trickle of ever-flowing blood from the wounds ran down his horrifying face. An enormity of land crustaceans scurried across his putrid back. How they ended up deep in the center of the earth, no one knows. Jane tried to scratch at the pesky animals, but the tight space that  enclosed him restricted his movement. He roared in anger at being trapped in this place for a millennium.  Volcanic tunnels ran next to his prison, heating the room, burning Janes skin, making the hot, muggy, tight cavern  have an overbearing putrid stench. Jane wanted so bad to be free. To walk the earth like he once had. Able to do anything or kill anything he chose.  One of the pesky, giant pill-bugs, almost meter in length, crawled onto Janes shoulder. Unable to reach it there, he let it work its way down to his hand where he looked momentarily at it, then smashed the offending crustacean between his thumb and finger. Looking at the remains of the pest with a happy smile. Jane made a decision. He began to smash his eight limbs against the enclosure. Banging in rhythm, shaking the cave. Beginning the thing he'd dreamed of for a millennium. 

              Jane would be free.

© 2018 Meerie_EJ


Author's Note

Meerie_EJ
what do ya think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It held my interest in a firm grip. Quite well written, also. You could continue if you wanted, of course, but it's fine as is.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 24, 2018
Last Updated on April 24, 2018

Author

Meerie_EJ
Meerie_EJ

TX



About
Hope y'all enjoy reading my words as much as I enjoy writing them! Reviews are welcome! more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by Meerie_EJ


RFF RFF

A Poem by Meerie_EJ