cogs

cogs

A Story by Kira
"

Is this a story? I don't know but it's something alright. Is there a type for word vomit written about if you can reach your dreams or not?

"

Not everyone is cut out to live their dreams. No one can be a superhero nor can they be a princess. But people can be doctors and teachers, even though there are people that break the mold and live their dream. Let's face it "you can be anything you want to be," is a lie. It is a lie that we, as a society, tell children up until the point where they are old enough to understand that nothing really matters, we are nothing special, just another faceless part in the corporate machine. Emmit Smith, the famous football player, would say to the faces of those who wanted to be like him, that the majority of the innocent faces will never be as good as him, but they could be good doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc. As harsh as it sounds, it is true very few can become more than a face behind a desk wondering where life went wrong. Very few can wake up and say, "Time to make my true passion and/or hobby into a career," life does not work like that. The majority of people in the world maybe "special" but they can never be special enough to do anything with their life besides being another cog in the machine. There are cogs, levers, and gears no matter what you are you are still part of the machine. Life relies on luck, you could be the best singer in the state but that doesn't mean you'll be the next top of the charts. You can even work yourself to the bone but you will never be able to be where you want, it is all about luck. There is no point in wasting a life for a foolish dream. Find things that you are good at, and if you aren't good at anything find things that you are mediocre at. If you want to be a singer don't try, you probably won't be good enough but you're pretty good with small children, become a teacher. There are so few that are able to expand and break molds but that it not you, nor is it I. You can never be anything you want to be but you can be a cog in the machine.

© 2017 Kira


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on May 17, 2017
Last Updated on May 17, 2017
Tags: What is this, I did not mean for this to be de

Author

Kira
Kira

NM



About
Hello, how are you? This is just the ramblings of an unstable wallflower so I hope you enjoy the things I put up thank you! more..

Writing
*french angst* *french angst*

A Poem by Kira


Freedom Freedom

A Poem by Kira