I'm Doing The Best I Can (Something Of Which You'll Never Know)

I'm Doing The Best I Can (Something Of Which You'll Never Know)

A Poem by Melody

Every step you stride past me pulls me into a black abyss. You don't see what you're doing to me, and that's what hurts the most. You don't see the pins and needles you prod into my thin layer of skin, scratching at my bones and twisting through my heart. I'll never let this go. You don't believe in anything while I believe in everything.

 

We're chalk and cheese, bitter and sweet. I've been told that opposites attract since I picked up my first book, I am yet to see the evidence. I'm stubborn you're stupid. I'm cold you're warm. You rub me up the wrong way yet continue all the same. 

Never get me wrong, I cared for you more than anyone else. I'd have reach for your hand before any other. 

Now I'd cut off my arm before I reach for yours.

 

It's not supposed to hurt this way.

I feel like drinking bleach straight from the bottle would make me happier than you did. 

I'm nothing compared to you. Your big house, your big heart.

I'm minuscule, my ice cold hands and heart wont hold on for very long.

 

 

 

 

Just because I don't write about beautiful things, doesn't mean my writing isn't beautiful.


I'm just saying, you were never good for me. And it's taken six long months and several late night calls. I knew you were bad news, something told me that the moment I met you.

© 2011 Melody


Author's Note

Melody
Merely venting.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

your venting is not in vain.

I would write the same way too ...when I was you:)

great style

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
1 Review
Added on May 24, 2011
Last Updated on May 24, 2011

Author

Melody
Melody

Carnoustie, Angus, United Kingdom



About
I read books, lots and lots of books. And I find inspiration everywhere, and love in the strangest of places. I'm just your typical wanting-to-be-noticed writer waiting for someone to tell me I'm doin.. more..

Writing
Sakura Sakura

A Story by Melody