Swords'N'Shields

Swords'N'Shields

A Story by J.A. Messenger
"

A short story I've compiled with inspiration from various anime and video games. I give them full credit for the inspiration.

"

One clear and sunny Friday after noon in the middle of July, Itsuki Kirigi is at his office desk dilligently working on some more programming for the new game he's been working on for the last year or so. An Mmorpg called SwordsN'Shields. He glances out of the window near his desk and sees a few dark clouds roll up. A little time passes and a clap of thunder echos, and makes Itsuki jump. He takes another glance out the window and sees rain going sideways, the wind blowing the trees hard and then a bright flash of lightning comes across the sky. A few more hours pass as he continues working and next thing he knows, it's completely pitch black out. So, he decides to just finish up some final touches before he tests it one last time before he goes home. Meanwhile, His sister, Naname is over at Itsuki's apartment cooking him some dinner, as she promised him she would do tonight. But, unfortunately he was caught up at work so, she decides to send him a text asking when he's going to be home. He hears his phone vibrate in his pocket so, he pulls it out and sees Naname sent him a text. He had completely forgotten she was coming over and felt like an idiot. So, in his replying message he apologizes for not being there and promises her that he'll make it up to her. The, a flash of purple light goes across his computer screen, he looks at the monitor with a look of confusion on his face, thinking he saw something but the screen was blank. So, he decides to start the game up one last time before he goes home. But, it won't start. He tries and tries again but for some reason, his game just won't start. So, Itsuki stops the game, and his computer completely shuts off and wont turn back on, so Itsuki decides to worry about it on Monday. As he gets outside, he realizes it's still raining only to remember he had't brought an umbrella with him. He hangs his head in deapair and runs home, luckily he only lives a few blocks away but by the time he arrives at his apartment he's soaking wet. Drenched from head to toe he slowly walks up the stairs to his door, fumbles with the keys and unlocks his door. He unlocks his door and kicks his shoes off, them landing in different places then heheads towards the kitchen. His apartment is small, only being one room where his bedroom and living room are one in the same with only the kitchen and bathroom being separate. The fridge has a note on it, saying Naname went home and she would be coming over tomorrow and to enjoy the food she made for him. Itsuki opens the fridge door and sees a plate of his favorite: curry! There's a generous portion of it on the plate along with some white, fluffy rice. He eats it them heads to bed without changing into his pajamas and drifts off to sleep with the faint sound of his clock ticking next to his bed.  

© 2018 J.A. Messenger


Author's Note

J.A. Messenger
Honest opinion, ignore grammar issues please. Suggestions.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on April 12, 2018
Last Updated on April 12, 2018
Tags: Anime, Fantasy, Supernatural, Alternate Reality, Fantasy World, Manga

Author