Hush

Hush

A Poem by messydaisy

The midnight is hanging tough over our heads tonight
With shadows waltzing in and out of the light of the car.
I love the nights like this
Where I feel we've made it and there's nothing left to do but be.
Be here, right now, with nothing in our way.
Your eyes are surprised and your mind is fighting demons,
But put your war away.
I have peace when I'm with you.
The street signs fly by in an array of color
And we laugh because there's nothing left to do.
Oh, just be with me,
Here and now is all I ask.
No thoughts of tomorrow or of life or of death,
Because right now I couldn't ask for more.
Please play our favorite song and
We'll see the world from our favorite view
,
And we can put our wars away
Because I have peace when I'm with you.

© 2010 messydaisy


Author's Note

messydaisy
This is an old one I had on an abandoned blog somewhere. I like it a lot, but I can definitely tell I wrote this when I was about 16 or 17.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

So beautiful; I love the imagery that you used. Thanks for also taking the time to review my poems too.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Nice ... and it kind of fits for the age you wrote it, I remember those days, all the angst of being young aside, content next to someone with a view possibly overlooking somewhere from the car down at city lights and up at stars...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Fantastic work, I love the line "Where I feel we've made it and there's nothing left to do but be"; summarises that quiet satisfaction you can sit in at the end of a day.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like it isn't too long and it flows nice. good write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This touches all the right spots in my brain to remind me of riding the bus home after a band trip. And that sentimentality is good, it's a powerfull emotion which a poet should weild like a powerfull weapon. This also, however, means; to continue this strain of thinking, that it must be used cautiously as well. It seems like this poem could be shorter to me becuase it seems to rotate around the same idea without enough thematic or tonal expansion. But suppose I am being nit-picky, after all it brought back memories and made me really feel, I suppose that's all that matters.

Posted 14 Years Ago


"And we can put our wars away
Because I have peace when I'm with you." -This line is going to stick with me for a while.
I once read a line somewhere that was: "Love is the only weapon that can turn an enemy in to a friend." - This is on par with that.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 22, 2010
Last Updated on January 22, 2010

Author

messydaisy
messydaisy

Akron, OH



About
I like words and putting them together to make pretty sentences. I think music is the best use of poetry and if I had any talent I wouldn't be in college, but I'd be making music for the masses. Or, j.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Heed Heed

A Poem by Therene