Strangers Shouldn't Exist

Strangers Shouldn't Exist

A Poem by metaljelly

When I visit the doctor I feel so dissected;
they sit you down, then you're carefully inspected.
They tell you what's wrong and how you're effected,
the negativity of this I've just recently detected.
Point out the flaws and fill you with worry,
medicate and cut in no less than a hurry.
You just want to be better, and they just want your money.
Creating problems and making you needy, just so they can provide the answers.
Behind a smile and innocent tone they're hypnotists and manipulative trancers.
It's global and it's evil, but we profit on others' insecureities.
Greed fueled this evil, so now we create fake impurities,
but is it really worth it when we make each other our own worst enemies?
People feel the need to do this because criticism is parasitic in their memories.
What's the point of having so many things when you fail to enjoy yourself?
If people could value themselves and others we might just discover tranquility.
To pick at yourself for every little thing is worse than flaws for your health.
Our inability to love who we and others are is why we face so much inequality.
What could be accomplished if we all took a moment to reflect, or maybe even a simple breather?
What conditions could be improved if we rid ourselves of our compassion defect; we could better ourselves, help others; but most of us do neither.
My ideology sounds perfectionist, but of it I'm a true believer.
I even face judgement this moment, receiving forms of a girl's anger of which my humor can't relieve her.
I too used to be one caught ever so deeply in this snare, but I find myself successfully disentangling.
To break out you need to help others and also be self aware.
If you accept this state, it'll never be too late, but you might find yourself fragile; from a thin thread dangling.
It's a daunting endeavor, but I believe everyone has the potential to escape.
But guidance is needed, people must care and help each other unbind their shackles.
Instead of imprisoning each other we need instead to begin freeing; no one deserves mental rape.
Call me dramatic, but you can't deny that due to our self destructive ways our hearts and minds endure devastating tackles.
I no longer need to speak, for by now if you don't understand you simply need to grow,
and if you live life long enough, my point someone to you will hopefully show.
And on impact of this grand revelation; like me, you too will appreciate endlessly that you now know that to start making this world a better place we need be and act as friend and not foe.

© 2013 metaljelly


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on October 11, 2013
Last Updated on October 11, 2013
Tags: doctors, insecurities, strangers, friendliness, community, helping people, support, improvement of the world

Author

metaljelly
metaljelly

Alameda, CA



About
Transplanting into me, the brain of an unstable maniac with a complex in the thoughts, and an itch in the conscience; and yes, I'd like a side of fries with that. I am an observation and a sponge of w.. more..

Writing