The Things We Hide - Scene 1

The Things We Hide - Scene 1

A Story by metaltylah
"

Enjoy

"

Joe was nervous. It was his first day in a new city, with a new job. He didn’t feel right. He felt cheated. Were most 19 year olds ran out of their home town? And by their own parents no less? It was like the exclamation point to a constantly anti-climactic and chaotic childhood. But his Monday night feeling wouldn’t last much longer. Because leaning precariously over the cash register of his new favorite super market was a read-headed angel named Ashley Winter. And she would change his life forever.

 

Rewind, the year is 1999, and Joseph Barlani is your average high school student, with a big secret. This is his story.

 

“Yo Joe, wait up brother!” He stopped; looking over his shoulder to see a trench coated Marcus sprinting towards him, a CD in hand. “Dude, you gotta hear this! Alonso just made me the sickest death metal mix tape.” Joe continued walking, hastening his step. “Not now man, I’m not in the mood.” Marcus was shocked. “C’mon you’re the world’s biggest metal head Joe Barlani is not in the mood for cannibal corpse? Are you running a fever bro?” Joe shoved him off. “Can you just get back for a minute, Marc you’re clingier than my f*****g mom.”

“I’m sorry bro, just chill. What’s with the hostilities?” He shook his head. “Is it not obvious? I’m not in a good mood. Just back off,” He raised his hands and slowed, letting Joe put distance between them. Already feeling guilty for losing his cool over something so minor, Joe switched on his Walkman. Ironically, the hit song ‘Joey’ began coursing through his head phones. He lengthened his steps until he reached his bus.

The mole-faced driver greeted him with the same disappointed frown as always. And just like every other day, he flashed the same fake smile he’d practiced a million times. He then continued to the back of the bus, and dropped his back pack, into the same #13 seat that had been more or less given to him. Closing his eyes, he let the music wash over his tired mind, as he fell asleep

© 2011 metaltylah


Author's Note

metaltylah
Something I've been daydreaming about for a while. Scene 2 is where things will really start to twist.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on October 6, 2011
Last Updated on October 6, 2011

Author

metaltylah
metaltylah

A*****e Valley, MN



About
My name is Tyler. I am a guitar player and a writer. more..

Writing
Fire Fire

A Poem by metaltylah