contrast

contrast

A Poem by micahdrew
"

Awakening of my life to reconstruct who I am. My past and y struggle with addiction

"
I am alone in my mind like I am paralyzed in time.
I am finding my way like black drizzled on gray.
I admit I've never had my own way on what I stood for. Or my deepest morals that reflected my core. I was just a bore with an affliction who wanted to seem different. To stand out like neon in a room full of flat. I did things I wanted, I crusaded against the ones who cared with my cross to bear. I lied to those who took interest because to me I wasn't so interesting. I was a fool who fooled the foolish. Anything to avoid who I really was or what I was becoming. I lied to myself the most, how sickly and deadly I had become. Now I stammer around looking for a way to set everything straight to become some one I accept. Nothing less.
I am finding my way like darkness to gray..
I am finding my way like a shadow I'll stay..
I will continue to find my way everyday..
I will stand for something, because I am tired of falling for everything...

© 2017 micahdrew


Author's Note

micahdrew
It's motivational and realistic about how I was during my past.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"I lied to those who took interest because to me I wasn't so interesting." Real.
The work shows one selfish person but at the same time an honest one. It takes one to know and accept imperfections. "I am finding my way..." is a beginning of a new person and a good one.

Posted 6 Years Ago


micahdrew

6 Years Ago

I appreciate your feedback. You said the words I couldn't even vocalize. Thank you
Mirror

6 Years Ago

Always welcome...and even more well done to accept my view

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
1 Review
Added on September 25, 2017
Last Updated on September 25, 2017
Tags: sobriety, addiction, self determination

Author

micahdrew
micahdrew

Writing
You You

A Poem by micahdrew