EYES OF A KILLER

EYES OF A KILLER

A Story by MICHAELANGELO BARNEZ


By Michaelangelo Barnez

I was standing by the edge of the rear platform of the big trash truck. My partner, Mr. “T”, is a good driver.  Even so, the fast schedule we have to pick up our load made this job dangerous. I often have to jump out when the truck is still running backwards, to make some signs to Mr. T, so he can make the right turn to get in to the dark alleys. I’m pretty sure that sometime he doesn’t see at all, ‘cause the big f*****g rear tires roll over just an inch off of my shoes when I’m very tied against the brick or wooden fence. If it not were for the sharp blue eyes I have and my good reflexes, I would be dead long ago. However, please, don’t take me wrong, the driver is my best friend. Actually, he is the only friend I have, and so he too with me. Therefore, we are going to have a special dinner on Halloween.

Tonight, the holiday's Eve, before start our job, we bump for an instant, and we did eyes contact, staring each other the iris of the eyes killer we own, knowingly of what we would do later. I must confess that I was ready to do something very wrong, but I couldn’t do it just by myself. Mr.T would help me.

I have been watching through the window all the houses on the route for the last two weeks. Houses where we used pick up their trash by the alley, and I saw many things like families having dinner, naked women taking showers and other just watching TV. Therefore, these eyes of a killer have already picked one victim. It was the perfect one. It was the house of a nice lonely girl with a cat.

When we arrived at the chosen place, Mr. T stopped the engine of his truck and released the compressed air of it. I, hanging at the rear, knew that the time to kill was come. I had just three minutes to perform my evil purpose, so there was no time to waste. I jumped out of the platform, holding a big knife on one hand and a sack on the other.

I carefully approached to the house. It was the right place on the right time. I saw my victim through the window, sleeping on the couch, resting peacefully.

I made a noise on purpose, and my victim woke up. I back off and I got hid in the darkness of the patio, knowing that my victim would come, and so it was.

I looked to my watch, “damn. I just have one minute more”, I though and when I rose my eyes of a killer, I saw my victim passing by. I didn’t though anything. I acted as a killing robot. I grabbed it the face, covering the mouth, and I stabbed it just once on the neck. I was fast. I put the bag, head to toe, and I knocked it down for an instant, holding the shaking body its last movements of death. I waited in silence, checking if someone had noted it, but the night was quiet as always. I lifted the inert body, threw in a plastic trash can with wheels, and I left the scene of crime.

Mr. T turned the engine on as soon as he heard my load hit the container, and once he saw me through the rear mirror that I was hanging on the rear platform, he pressed the accelerator and maneuvered the gear to leave the alley through the dark road. Oh yeah, tomorrow on Halloween, we are going to have a big cat for a delicious dinner.

© 2011 MICHAELANGELO BARNEZ


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A tale written for a contest for Halloween, but at the end it didn't got enter.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
1 Review
Added on November 17, 2010
Last Updated on August 12, 2011
Tags: tale, short tale, fiction

Author

MICHAELANGELO BARNEZ
MICHAELANGELO BARNEZ

Long Beach... and La Molina in Lima-Peru. , CA



About
Michaelangelo Barnez is the pen name of the writer, Miguel Angel Branez, who was born on May 18, 1947, in Lima, Peru. In the early 80's he immigrated with his family to California, and as soon as he .. more..

Writing