We were made for More than this.

We were made for More than this.

A Story by michelle-entendu
"

I truly believe we live in a broken world and I pray every day for God to extend his mercy and grace to the hearts of those who have been left jaded by the world so we Live the way we were meant to.

"

We're all searching for something.  We were all made with a deep longing inside of us, but we we're too blind to see the tools to help us lying right in front of us.  As we grow up, we begin to search for the missing pieces in the world around us.  We look for things that give us purpose and meaning, things that help us make sense of this world  Some of us think we find it in family, in friends, in our jobs, in our hobbies.  Those things are temorpary and they fade, leaving us right back where we started.  Some of us, however, are intuitive enough to open our minds and search outside the world.  We examine ourselves and eventually believe that there are things we must Trust even though we can hold it, see it, or touch it.  But we can Feel it.  Maybe some believe it without question.  But others need to go through the process of seeing everything else fail and be left with nothing before they try trusting in a Creator, the One who can satisfy the emptiness in our souls to the point where it overflows into the lives of those around us. 

 

We live in a broken world, God.  We need you.  There's heartbreak and suffering and hardships and hopelessness and despair.  Come into our hearts and our lives, God, and show us that there is a Hope that extends beyond all feelings of darkness.  Heal us from the wounds and pain this world has given us, and soften our hard exteriors that has made us so resistant to and skeptical of Your love.  We were made for More than this, show us how to Live.

© 2011 michelle-entendu


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on March 27, 2011
Last Updated on March 27, 2011