Seasons

Seasons

A Story by Mitch
"

MYTH

"
Seasons
            In the beginning the universe as we know it was just starting to come to form. It was simply a chaotic mishmash of fiercely cold fire and searing ice with rocks and stardust swirling in the midst of it all. Our universe was precious in its innocence. Things had just begun. Among the initial elements of creation there was a couple, newly wed, of heavenly proportion. Mother Nature and Father Time. There couldn’t have existed a more perfect marriage. Together Mother Nature and Father Time watched over the rapidly expanding universe. They oversaw the creation of light from a thousand thousand suns, which periodically began to light up the so seemingly endless expanse of space. With the light came darkness, and where previously Mother Nature and Father Time were content to exist alone in this universe, the ominous depth and fearsome antimatter of the midnight gloom led Mother Nature to propose to Father Time a question: “Might we please have some children, Time?”
 Nature asked so sweetly that Time found it difficult to refuse. It took some convincing but eventually Mother Nature and Father Time finally earned their namesakes as they were blessed with twins. Together they named these twins Life and Death. All was good and well for many, many years. Mother Nature and Father Time were happy together in their little family, watching the lights flicker as the suns of eternity faded in and out of existence. However nothing lasts forever and this moment of tranquil serenity would soon come to an end. Young love was the loose thread and with that, the quilt of a perfect life unraveled, yes, Life and Death fell in love. Forbidden as it was, the now matured children broke every rule to spend every second they could together. Playing together in the infinite expanse of space available to them, Life and Death were living their dream while, unbeknownst to them, simultaneously destroying the dream of their parents. Soon of course Mother Nature and Father Time found out what their children were up to; nothing escapes a parent’s line of vision. Screaming blasphemy and demanding that Life and Death cease this foolishness at once, Mother Nature and Father Time attempted, futilely to repair their family ties. Alas, nothing could be done. Life and Death, they loved eachother and the word “impossible” sounded only like “it’s possible.” Refusing to give up the dreams which they held so close and dear, Life and Death ran away from their parents.

 After millennia of fleeing across the boundless frontier, Life and Death found a place where they thought they might never be found. A small, homely looking planet that they hoped might offer some sanctity from their parents and maybe even a harbor for their love. Little did they know, though, that following them all this way was their parents. Mother Nature and Father Time endeavored to remove their children from this planet, and take them away to be locked up separately until they agreed to repent their treacherous ways. But, Life and Death refused to leave. They held steadfastly to the terrain of their new home, embedding themselves within the ground and embracing one another with grips of steel. Powerful Mother Nature and Father Time may be, they did not possess the power to so deftly destroy a most glorious masterpiece of the universe itself. Consequently they resigned to constantly pushing Life and pulling Death around the planet, consistently thwarting their attempts at peace. This planet of course just so happens to be our very own planet, Earth. As a result of Mother Nature and Father Time ceaselessly forcing Life and Death away from eachother, the planet Earth fluctuates, shifting between Life and Death. Winter is Death’s domain, occurring when Life has been pushed away. Slowly progressing to Spring where Life tries desperately to be with her lover. Summer occurs as Death is pushed just out of her grasp, and when her parents pull her away and fall gives way to winter once more. 

© 2016 Mitch


Author's Note

Mitch
What'd ya guys think??

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Welp. I'm a huge sucker for creation stories. And as you know from reading some of my own stories, I'm also a fan of giving emotions to things that don't have them. Seasons, Time and Nature, in this case.
You've done a great work on this story.

I could actually see myself reading this to a young child in an affectionate matter. With a few drawings to fit, it's a great story and it actually is similar to how the people of old tried to justify natural phenomenons by attributing them to gods.

Mumbling-jumbling aside--
Great, Great, Great story. Love it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Welp. I'm a huge sucker for creation stories. And as you know from reading some of my own stories, I'm also a fan of giving emotions to things that don't have them. Seasons, Time and Nature, in this case.
You've done a great work on this story.

I could actually see myself reading this to a young child in an affectionate matter. With a few drawings to fit, it's a great story and it actually is similar to how the people of old tried to justify natural phenomenons by attributing them to gods.

Mumbling-jumbling aside--
Great, Great, Great story. Love it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very interesting creation story. Earth being incestuously bound seems like a very fitting explanation of the things going on today as much as it explains the changing of the seasons. Good job.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 8, 2016
Last Updated on April 8, 2016
Tags: myth, seasons, love, mystery

Author

Mitch
Mitch

FL



About
I am an aspiring author suffering from the unfortunate disease of immense procrastination. Currently, I write poetry and snippets of stories. I hope to write more short stories, building my way to bei.. more..

Writing
Soulmates Soulmates

A Story by Mitch


Inquisition Inquisition

A Poem by Mitch