Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Harassed

Harassed

A Story by Mickey Anne
"

Wrote it in fall of 09 for my writing class, so there may be errors.

"

 

Harassed

            The end of my eighth grade year was when things really started to heat up between me and Jenny.  I was picked on, even up to my last day of school because the teachers or the principal wouldn’t do anything. The only thing that she got was a slap on the wrists and things just went back to “normal” of the everyday bullying. I only had one break from the abuse when I went on a trip to D.C. The thing that I learned most was that not everyone will be treated well in this world, no matter how nice you are to them, or how nice they are to you.

It was near the end of my 8th grade year, when my friends Emily and Kat got into a big huge fight with a girl named Jenny. Emily had long sunshine blonde hair, with big blue eyes, and we often wore the same clothes from each other’s closets. Kat had short black hair that she dyed. You could see the roots of her true brown hair at the very top of her head. With brown eyes and medium size body, Kat, as well as Emily knew how to kick someone’s a*s if someone tried something with them. Jenny, on the other end was an overweight person that complained about how bad she had everything in life and she only acted like she was all big and tough, but she was really was not even close to being that. Jenny was round, pumped like an apple with little brown eyes, and glasses that didn’t go well with her eyes and big nose. Also her blonde straight hair did not go with any of her features.

            When I was in class with Jenny, I ended up in the back of the classroom. She sat in the front of the class, always whispering, starting one thing or another with the Hoover girl sitting next to her going along with whatever she had to say. There were five people in my first hour class and about the same in my second hour class with her. The worst thing through was that I had five out of seven classes with her, so I had to listen to her talk about me and my friends for the longest time. 

            Nothing ever happened to her and she never got into trouble. The only thing that happened was a slap on the hand. On the first day of the fight, I was in the counselor’s office telling the lady what happened between Emily, I and Jenny.

“Well do you want her to come down?” said Mrs. J.

“No, because she will just start to yell,” Emily said. Once we left, I saw Jenny leave to go talk to Mrs. J.

 I would tell one of the teacher’s helper and the principal. Even when I went to the Mrs. K (the teacher’s helper) she was always on Jenny’s side saying something about her to look good.  Mrs. K would not do anything because she was so close to Jenny. One thing Jenny did right was at the beginning of the year, she made friends with the helper in our classroom.  She would always try to get Kat, Emily or I into trouble about  something that was never said nor done to her like when she told the principal that Kat tried to stuff her in a locker. She also lied that Kat had tried to hurt her with a knife. Her father came into the principal office so many times to save her a*s.  Jenny’s father made sure nothing bad ever happened to her because he gave her everything she ever wanted. He had the role of mom and dad. She even tried to use that as an excuse to throw a fit.

One day she was late for one of the classes that I had with her after lunch.

“Why are you late?” asked the teacher.

Jenny slammed her books down on the table with a bang and said, “I had to go the principal because Michelle threatened to hurt me with a knife,” I was looking at her  and thinking, “What the heck are you talking about. I never did such a thing.” I never understood why I never got called down to the office when she said that, but what seems even more odd is that the teachers didn’t do anything at all.

I was lucky that I did not get in trouble since the D.C. trip was coming up. Everybody that was going had to be there at the school at six o’clock in morning. That morning, there was a slightly cool breeze going through the air. Every single one of my classmates had bags and luggage. Most of my class was going. Some parents ended up getting to go also. So there were three nice busses with bathrooms that had very soft sitting, which I would just fall asleep on.  But my best friend, Emily, came along with me for the ride.

While Emily came with me, Kat and Jenny ended up staying back to do some “homework”. Emily and I sat in the same seat together and also we were roomies for the trip.  I was counting down for this trip for a long time, just to get away from what was going on in school and everything else. I needed a break.  It was four days close to heaven.

On the trip, all of the moms started to take pictures of random men running without their shirt on and had nice bodies they themselves were fine. It was so funny that they were doing it and how many that were doing it. Like we were at the white house, with the nice green trees, and the green grass with random people walking by, while the moms were taking pictures of every cute man that was on a run to get somewhere.

We went to a museum of World War II, with my group of Emily, Marina and Marina’s mom. When we first went in, we got to pick up a little packet of a person’s life. One said females and the one next to it said males. Then we all got onto the elevator to go up to the very top. There a glass hallway contained names in white of the Jewish people that died I just walked across it fast because I would look down and be scared to see another part of the building. In another room there were pictures of everyone that died. There was kids, family and couples. We all headed towards another elevator and we went down. There was even more pictures hanging up of the people. We all got to see the place were some of the people slept and a model of the place where they stayed at.  Sadly, the trip ended way too soon.

The last night of the trip, we all went on a ship. It was nice we all got to get onto the water. There was a deck so that everyone could sit and look at the ocean. Inside the ship, there was a D.J. playing all different kinds of songs but ones that we could not bang our head on. There where rows of soft chairs and round tables in the area. The last thing there was a bar, full of every kind of pop that we could think of. We all got off the ship and headed back to the busses.

Once the ship came back to dock, we headed back to the busses, and sadly it was time for all of us to head back to Michigan. On the way back to Brooklyn, I was sitting next to Emily. I propped the pillow up in between us, so she could lay her head on it as well. Shortly after I fell asleep I woke up only one time when the busses stopped at McDonald’s to get some food. Then back on the road again.

The last time I woke up we arrived at the Middle school. I couldn’t believe that four days went by fast and Monday I had school once again to deal with Jenny and all the rest of the problems.

Back to school, a wish that came true NOT, I was back to first hour with the same drama. She wouldn’t leave me be no matter what it took. I sat in the back of the classroom and I could hear her talking about me again. It never seemed to end. There was a teacher’s deck right next to mine, but this teacher sadly sided with Jenny.

“She needs to learn how to stick up for herself,” she had said that day in the classroom to the blonde hair, thin girl, whose last name was Hoover. It was time to let first hour out.

Thank god I finally got a break from hell in a classroom. Both Kat and Emily had English next, so I went into their classroom to get a load off for a bit. I didn’t want to go back there. Even though I still had classes with her, I felt stick of it all. I do not want to deal with the drama anymore. I couldn’t wait to go home.

Emily and I were on the bus. We live pretty close to each other. Just down the road from my drive, the bus stopped at my stop,

“Bye Emily,” I said, walking off the bus.

“Bye Michelle,” Emily had said.

I walked off the bus to see that my mom was down at the drive waiting for me. My brother hopped into the front sit.

“There is the girl picking on me I want it to stop,” I said.

“That is going to happen, so you will have to deal with it,” said my brother and my mom not even listening to what I had to say about it. 

I truly believe that there are reasons why some people get away with stuff like harassment when the other person is dying inside, wanting them to stop. Not every adult will be there to support you to get out of the drama or try to help in any way possible but being harassed for so long of a time took a long hard toll on everything that I went though.

© 2010 Mickey Anne


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this story, I think many people can relate to this. Bullying can be really cruel but I think everybody needs to learn how to defend themselves. As you said in the story, not everybody will to support you and help you out in difficult times, so the best thing to do is to show those people who you really are and not let them intimidate you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was really great! I think thought that you should split it up like they are journal entries. also on the paragraph where you said "the last night of the trip..." You need to put a comma after "it was nice." Also you can erase the last sentence of that paragraph because you repeat it in the paragraph after it. I loved this story Mickey! You have really gotten good at story telling... my favorite element that a writer can use is to tell something personal! I think its really cool to see things through you eyes. I love it!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 2, 2010
Last Updated on June 2, 2010

Author

Mickey Anne
Mickey Anne

MI



About
5 things that I can tell you 1) Sweet 2) Smart 3) Caring 4) Silly 5) To worry about things 2 easily more..

Writing
Creepy 1 Creepy 1

A Screenplay by Mickey Anne


Hell 2 Hell 2

A Stage Play by Mickey Anne