Love/Pain Letter - April 19, 2015

Love/Pain Letter - April 19, 2015

A Poem by Jordan

Aphrodite,


I want you to know how R.O.D. for you I was. I fell so hard for you I couldn't even think straight on nights like these when the air is thin and filled with the sighs of lonely dreamers, who can do nothing but.. I marveled at the fact that I was no longer one of them almost as much as I marveled at your beauty, so unique, so delicate, so ethereal; I used to think the sun was in your soul and your smile could tame beasts, like myself - and I believe you did, I mean I can’t recall a time when I was with you and not content in some capacity. I wanted only to connect, and not just to be with you but to be, with you. I used to stare at the white wall-turned-canvas when I would project our future intertwining on a level that only true romantics could fathom and just imagine, endlessly and fluently and happily because I was in fact very serious about you.


And I don’t know what it was that I did, after that kiss - the sole longing of my lips.. but you should have told me and at least attempted to reconcile, because I know for a fact you felt what I felt on the couch that evening, and tasted the sincerity on my tongue, and smelled the deliberation in my breath. 


I’m not sorry I fell for you - and didn’t back off when you told me “you didn’t want a relationship right now” - which was and is and will forever be the wrong thing to say to any admirer ever.  Because those last two words give so much false hope, and I unfortunately can attest to that; I reached out to you every day, thinking “maybe today you’ll realize how much I do for you, and change your mind”  Maybe that painting that I told you was no big deal (little did you know I slaved hard for months on every one) will explain.. tokens of affection are all I had.


I’m not sorry you’re so perfect to me - or that I tried - or that I loved so hard - or that I continue to love so hard - that it hurts, and I’m contributing deeply to the air humid with the sighs of lonely dreamers, who can do nothing but..

© 2015 Jordan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful Jordy!. Love this write. Maybe you should show her this man. She will come running back for sure. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is a truly amazing piece. So much imagery. My favorite line is "I used to think the sun was in your soul and your smile could tame beasts, like myself..." Now that is something you don't hear everyday or from anyone. I like the way your individuality is expressed through your work. Well done. And I hope she takes this to heart.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Oh how I can relate so much to this. The pain leaps off the page and sinks into my soul. Amazing emphasis here on the emotions that rocket through a being with unmutual love. The thoughts seemed a bit scattered and some sentences seemed to go on a bit too long. Some could be separated into separate sentences. I really enjoyed reading this. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DJ
The ever restless poets heart is rarely sated,born to pain,to dream,to paint life in the vivid colors of humanity,eloquently written

Posted 9 Years Ago


This was beautifully heartbreaking, an actual tear slid from my eye. "Im not sorry I fell for you" "Im not sorry you're so perfect for me"my favorite lines. I love how you compare your love to Aphrodite, atleast i think it was a comparison, anyhow great write!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jordan

9 Years Ago

Thanks for empathizing haha, and I did in fact call her Aphrodite. Thanks for reviewing !

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 20, 2015
Last Updated on April 20, 2015

Author

Jordan
Jordan

Lakewood, CA



About
Read me/know me more..

Writing
Cliché Cliché

A Poem by Jordan


Quest Quest

A Poem by Jordan