Sub ladder sauntering

Sub ladder sauntering

A Poem by Edward Martin

delay my synapses a bit more and damage the intellect that binds me to this body, bodily vices and therein mind control over self mind control. Spread your word, no you spread propaganda that people buy like gas, tobacco products and birth control. you have tons of friends when you have tons of drugs, so remove your friends so you have more drugs for you. third eye gland glances and long stares at the evening sky but still i'm convinced somone poked holes in the box and left the flashlight on over our bedsheet fort. mangled patterns of superstition and black cat teens smeared on your television when all you wanted to know was that seven years ago...

 I broke a mirror.

Replenish.  Replenished.  Watch the future - future past.  It passed and no one even noticed.  Look again; who's in the wind.  who's caught the drift get it?  Five dollars saved but still a penny short.  The clerk doesnt care, even though the money's not real, or theirs.  Thats why theres the take a penny give a penny tray.  In fact, the give a penny take a penny tray is the economic will to submit.  Apathy.  Sitting at red lights.  you'll realize on your deathbed that all those moments you were submitting to a will.  A will of substantial bullshit; all those moments no cars were coming that you still let a light run your life.  OWN YOU.  sit at that light b***h.  then cry to me when lifes over too short. No sympathy.  forget everything then you'll realize you actually have a f*****g clue. No preconceptions, nothing is written nothing is carved in stone nothing is "divine" unless you make it so.  You are the nucleus, you are the endocrine system, and you will be ripped out of your own body by Gary Busey.

© 2014 Edward Martin


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on January 4, 2014
Last Updated on January 4, 2014
Tags: psyschoactive, psychonaut, timetraveler, thirdeye, lostinspace

Author

Edward Martin
Edward Martin

About
28 years old. Father, brother and son. Addiction, pain, prison, misanthropy. This is my subject matter. What I've lived through is what I write about. more..

Writing