In my next life, I'd like to be a porn star

In my next life, I'd like to be a porn star

A Story by mika lu
"

I'm 100% in support of porn stars and the adult film industry. Here's why.

"
I wish there wasn't such a status quo about porn stars.  To me, their way of life makes perfect sense. I'm talking about the women porn stars who actively seek opportunities to star in adult films and earn a credited income by acting in these movies.
These women choose to have sex for money in a regulated fiscal market are continuously looked down upon. Yes, they are having sex for an audience and are quickly judged for their on-camera efforts, but it seems like in most cases these women are excited to audition and play their given roles despite how humiliating and belittling the story-lines can be (to the audience, that is, since to these actresses it can easily be just another paycheck). As a society we are taught to scoff and dismiss the careers of pornstars simply because it is a sacrifice in morals, or so we are taught. But who determines what your individual morals are anyway? Surely not your peers or government who constantly "sin" in different ways, just on paper they seem morally and culturally acceptable. 
Here is why in my next life I would like to see the porn circuit more accepted.
Everyone loves having sex. Porn stars are given some of the best fantasies to play out and are open to loving anyone and everyone. Gender roles have less importance in porn and are more versified in accepting sexual relationships between the same genders, multi-partner sexual experiences, and open relationships. As we head into 2013, I find it hard to believe that we are still so closed off to all of these polygamous and open relationships, especially the same-sex marriage argument that continues to clutter our ballots. The United States still holds the title as leading economic power, yet we are still so far behind in accepting our culture as a sexual, free-thinking, free-choosing entity that, in ways, might help release us from being so stark and closed off to opposing ideas, customs, religions, you name it. For a free country it seems like we sure do stifle ourselves.
Looking at the facts, the pornography industry in a multi-billion dollar market that generates substantial annual revenue either online, on video, in print, mobile, or at live showings. It's part of our modern day culture that can't just be erased or pushed under the rug. And while you get fundamentalist groups and other "Mom's Against Whatever" opposing pornography and open sex, if we can print and publish books like Fifty Shades of Grey and watch them fly off bookshelves, why can't we accept a regulated market that delivers the same graphic details just in a different form? Realistically it seems like porn stars are given a bad rap but author's of erotic books are applauded for getting on the New York Best Seller's list.
Personally, I think it's great that adult film stars are having sex on behalf of all of us sexually enticed women and men that turn to porn to get us off or simply for a good time. Sometimes when I'm having a bad day I just want to watch a porn film and make sure that I'm satisfying my carnal desires I was born with. To me, it makes little sense to hide behind a veiled curtain in fear and shame when instead we can be proud and show support for those who decide to go against the grain and star in an adult films. I salute these actors and actresses, but more importantly I want to thank those fearless women who have decided to carve their own paths to make it in America. Cheers to you ladies, keep up the hard work as both women and men across this nation thank you each day...many times silently behind our computer screens with a wide smile washed across our faces.

© 2012 mika lu


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on December 28, 2012
Last Updated on December 28, 2012
Tags: sex, porn, women, lesbians, gay, love, the united states, free-thinking

Author

mika lu
mika lu

New York, NY



Writing