What We Do Today

What We Do Today

A Book by MikeGray
"

The first few chapters of a sci-fi novel that starts in 2050 and follows mankind into the stars and beyond. Starting with a Utopian world after a near-apocalypse, generations pass into folly.

"

© 2017 MikeGray


Author's Note

MikeGray
These are the first introductory chapters of a potentially larger novel that would detail the near-future and its positives and negatives. Where the story goes after this is to detail how human beings, although clever and adaptable, are also susceptible to their own foibles and egos, destined to repeat the same problems after generations die off and are forgotten.

What I'm looking for is feedback on how I detail this future, if it's interesting or engaging, and if not why. Does the present tense work in this story? It may be confusing, considering this is all future-tense that operates in present-tense. Is this world interesting or fully fleshed-out for the reader to understand the context? Is it interesting or just technical and wonky?

This is a larger scope book so these opening chapters are an introduction more than anything to provide the reader with a feel of this future. In the closing available chapters, you're introduced to the first of a series of characters that will be the windows to this world and how the rest of the story develops. I'm envisioning the novel to span several hundred years of future human history, with the reader meeting and following window characters every five chapters or so that cover the future.

All notes are appreciated and welcome; it's a writing project that stalled because I'm unsure whether to continue it or not, and if people are interested in reading this type of futuristic fiction. Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on April 23, 2017
Last Updated on April 24, 2017
Tags: science fiction, future, utopia, 2050, post-apocalypse

Author

MikeGray
MikeGray

NJ



About
Writer and academic from the Jersey Shore. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by MikeGray


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by MikeGray