Michael In Wonderland

Michael In Wonderland

A Story by Mike Poe Potter Cot
"

Just a story that wrote itself

"

              Michael In Wonderland

                       I was sleeping in my bed when I started to wake up. Waking up was a bad idea since it wasn’t time to get up yet, when I get up in the morning I can’t get back to sleep, and also because I was having a great dream.  But little by little I somberly realized I was waking up, so I watched my dream slip away in despair. It went from a colorful scenery to black, but then it started to grow bright yellow and I thought, “What could be happening to make me see yellow?” I opened my eyes and I was in the middle of a desert.  I figured I went back to sleep, but I felt a sudden burst of heat from the raging sun. I looked around not frightened but dumbfounded. As I looked behind me there stood a giant black castle resembling the one from Disney that the rainbow goes over in the beginning of a Disney movie.  I looked at for about a minute but then I was struck on the head but a troll riding a horse. When I awoke I was in a bed made from rock. It was hard to see, but not pitch black. I could see in what seemed to be a corner a little light circling. The thing kept circling until I gagged on some dry air I inhaled. It flew over to me and stopped a few inches in front of my eyes. “What is that thing?” ,I said out loud to myself, but as I spoke the light flew into my mouth and down my throat. It felt as if I swallowed a bug, my taste buds screamed even though the light never touched my tongue. I was beginning to feel light headed and saw the little light I had disappear into complete darkness again. I didn’t realize I had blacked out until I woke up from it. When I awoke a sea full of color flooded into my eyes. I realized I was back in my bed at home. I got out of bed distant from the real world still thinking of the dream I had. Little did I know that this so called dream was what would soon be reality. I got up slowly and went over to the window and threw open the curtain and what I saw killed everything that ever was and whatever could have been. What I saw was the black castle I had seen during what I thought had been just a peculiar dream.

                                     Mike Poe Potter Cot

 

© 2008 Mike Poe Potter Cot


Author's Note

Mike Poe Potter Cot
Just a story that wrote itself, ignore grammar, and tell me what you thought.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i really like it. but I must admit, that it (especially so in the beginning) seemed a little too "technical". maybe because the sentences are a little short? I don't really know. for me, it would have sounded better if the mere descrition of what was going on wasn't the main focus, but the emotions and feelings, which could have been a bit more prominent to fill up the whole story a little more. but i really like the concept of it and it certainly was an interesting read. =)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i really like it. but I must admit, that it (especially so in the beginning) seemed a little too "technical". maybe because the sentences are a little short? I don't really know. for me, it would have sounded better if the mere descrition of what was going on wasn't the main focus, but the emotions and feelings, which could have been a bit more prominent to fill up the whole story a little more. but i really like the concept of it and it certainly was an interesting read. =)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 21, 2008