Loosing the End of the Rope

Loosing the End of the Rope

A Poem by Scarlett Thorne

I believe that in all relationships, there is a tie that bonds us together.
Be it love or family,the ties are still there.
Ropes, anchoring ourselves to each other so we don't get lost or lose our way.

Now and again connections are lost, our ropes weren't knotted together well enough and the knot slips apart over time.
Lines are cut for one reason or another, or the rope has weathered that many storms it simply frays and snaps because of the pulling forces on each end.

The fraying rope is where she's at now, her end tying her to him is all worn and weathered.
Fibre by fibre it has slowly been torn apart by time, by friction and by themselves trying to pull their own way forwards.
Convinced the other was treading their path in the dutiful follow.
But her end clings to his by a few desperate threads, with each one becoming progressively thinner over time.

His end of the rope on the other hand doesn't look as worn as hers.
He fails to see the fraying threads that are holding them together.
From his viewpoint all he can see is how thick and strong the rope was, and he just merely glances over vaguely at what it has since become.

But one day he will find out, he'll feel the slack of where she once was next to him.
A sudden stillness in his pace to move forwards as he realises she is gone, and he's not exactly sure as to when or where it happened.

So then they must each start again. 
Spinning new ropes to the people they meet. 
Each not knowing when they will find their safe haven, their anchor point.

© 2015 Scarlett Thorne


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on March 7, 2015
Last Updated on March 7, 2015

Author

Scarlett Thorne
Scarlett Thorne

United Kingdom



About
I started writing while i was at high school to escape from the torturus ammounts of abuse thrown at me by my so called "friends". Since then i write sporadically, depending on my mood and what inspi.. more..

Writing