The Clean Up Crew

The Clean Up Crew

A Screenplay by MirrorTree Productions
"

This is a script for our first movie, the script is still incomplete. it is about some hitmen who hire and train Desmond, an underground pride fighter, to take out a few marks. However Desmond doesn't know that he is going to be "let go" after it's all ov

"

 

 
it’s dark, a small boat motor can be heard running. Some flash lights pass by. A van comes into view. People standing around, talking indistinctly.
A black sedan pulls up, everyone becomes quiet. A cigarette gets lit inside the sedan. The door opens and someone gets out. The person is dressed very nice, black on black suit, their face isn’t seen but a scar on their hand is as they open up the back door, and pull out a full body bag. it’s moving. Whoever is inside of it is still alive. The zipper gets opened and a face comes out, he looks scared, he looks like he hasn’t eaten or slept in days. His right eye is bruised and his nose is broken. 
He is going to be killed.
A bigger man in the group grabs the man in the bag and puts handcuffs on his wrists and ankles and sits the man in the boat, his face isn’t shown, he is seen wearing a golden watch with a square face though. A bucket of what appears to be a gray powder is set in the boat with him. the leader [from the sedan] and another man, dressed casually, wearing red converses and holding a small bag, get into the boat. They steer off into the lake.
He is going to be murdered.
After the boat stops, the casually dressed man opens his bag to pull out a drinking glass, he begins scooping up water and pouring it into the bucket he is mixing mortar and scooping it into a grout bag.
They shove the bag into the mans throat and begin filling him forcing him to swallow it.
They repeat it a few more times and when finished the man is just sitting there, he can barely move, he wants to throw up but the mortar is so heavy that he cant get it up. They push him off the boat.
 
The screen goes black.
 
A gunshot is heard
 
The screen fades back in to show a man [Derek as Jackie Cross] walking down a spiral staircase. He is wearing a mask, he pulls out a cell phone, the audience sees the back of his head as he puts it to his ear and pulls off his mask.
Someone [Elle Nigma] on the other end picks up the phone.
 
Elle: No he’s not here right now. [pauses] Okay I’ll let him know. [hangs up phone]
 
[transition]
 
a phone rings a hand picks it up, the camera follows the hand up to the face of the person [Gray playing Drake Towers]
Drake: [in a very fake, enthusiastic voice] Towers Used Books, this is Drake Towers speaking, how can I help you?
 
Elle: [on the other end] Hey Drake, I need you to find someone for me.
 
Drake: uh huh, what for?
 
Elle: well I need someone who can be trained quickly and then be let go after doing a job.
 
Drake: Really? sounds serious.
 
Elle: No questions, check your bank account.
 
Drake: [looks at his laptop] Alright I’ll have him by in the morning. [hangs up]
 
Jackie: [picking up the phone] f*****g phone. [pushes a button] yellow? [saying it like “hello”]
 
Drake: [on other end] hey man, you wanna go see a fight tonight? I gotta find a new guy.
 
Jackie: of course, big headed dumbasses are fun. Where?
 
Drake: The usual place.
 
Jackie: Alright, see you there.
 
Someone gets slammed into a cage, there is an underground fight going on.
 
Jackie: I love this stuff, just the passion involved, you know? It’s all about the glory, sure there’s some addiction involved, but the only need is to prove to yourself that you’re better.
 
Drake: I know man, it’s great.
 
Someone gets kicked in the face.
 
Both: Ohhhhhh
 
The fight ends and the winner is declared.
 
Announcer: Next up is fighter 31 Desmond Vaughn. How old is this guy? Desmond Vaughn, come to the cage. And his opponent, fighter 14 Clark “the blade” Thomas, get up here!
 
Desmond gets to the cage right in front of Clark Desmond is smaller, but looks faster.
 
[the fight starts]
 
Drake: I think this is our guy, man.
 
Jackie: the young one ?
 
Drake: yeah, he’s got potential. I love his boxing. It’s really [pauses] different.
 
Meanwhile, desmond is barely winning. But the fight ends and desmond is declared the winner. Afterward, Drake and Jackie approach him.
 
Jackie: hey guy, I got a question for you.
 
Desmond: yeah, what?
 
Drake: first off, don’t be rude, please.
 
Desmond: [ignoring Drake motions to go on with the question]
 
Jackie: how would you like to be trained, to do more than fight?
 
Desmond: what, like security? Go to hell.
 
Drake: no more like a hired gun. If you will.
 
Desmond: oh like an assassin kind of thing? Sure right.
 
Jackie: yeah, or you could believe us. Listen man not a lot of people get this kind of offer. You can get a lot of money out of this.
 
Desmond: look at me man. I don’t know if your serious. But first let me say this [pauses] F**k the both of you. And second, if I win this competition, I don’t get any money, I don’t get any prizes, do you know what I get? I get to say that I crushed not one, but every single one of the strongest and most talented fighters in this state. I’m not in it for the money, I’m in it for the glory.
 
Drake: good speech man, [turns to Jackie] you were right, he doesn’t care about money.
 
Jackie: [to Desmond] how about this, F**k you. And if you decide to do this, which could potentially put you up there on the list with the worlds two top assassins. [motions toward Drake and himself] Call me on this number, today’s Monday, you’ve got until Thursday.
 
Someone calls desmonds name out. He turns around for a second. When he turns back, Drake and Jackie are gone. He looks down at the card, it’s just a white card with a single phone number on it. He pockets it after a second of consideration.
 
The screen turns black. The words Tuesday, Wednesday, and then Thursday pop up on the screen. After Thursday it fades back to Desmond. He is walking down a long sidewalk filled with people. He keeps bumping into people. He stops and looks around.
 
Desmond: [narrating] Wow, this place is really terrible. [the camera shows someone getting mugged] something needs to change. [a tire squeals, he pulls out his wallet and grabs a white card]
 
Drake: [picking up the phone] I knew you’d call. Stay where you are, I’ll pick you up.
 
They are all sitting in the car.
 
Drake: So do you have day job, girlfriend, pets? Anything like that? 
 
Jackie: Do you enjoy long walks on the beach?
 
Desmond: just get to the point.
 
Drake: [to Jackie] you wanna get some tacos?
 
Jackie: hell yes.
 
Desmond: What? You guys are idiots.
 
Drake: I said don’t be rude. And we’re not idiots, we’re professionals.
 
They are sitting in a taco bell talking.
 
Desmond: wait, so you guys are really serious about this right?
 
Drake: of course. Why would we treat you to such delicious food otherwise?
 
Jackie: and besides, we kinda like your passion with the whole fighting thing. Shows potential.
 
Desmond: so how long have you guys been into this kinda business?
 
Drake and Jackie look at eachother.
 
Drake: Well, lets just say a long time.
 
Jackie: [looking at Drake] yeah to damn long. 
 
Desmond: oh so it’s all secretive and stuff, don’t tell the new guy blah blah.
 
Drake: It’s not that we don’t trust you, it’s just that most people don’t believe us, and you might decide not to do it.
 
Desmond: I’ve already made my decision, what it’s not like your immortals right? [laughs calmly]
 
Drake: [looks at Jackie] um…..
 
Jackie becomes silent.
 
Desmond: wait, are you serious? You guys are immortal?
 
Drake: [almost angry] Shhhh! Do you want everyone to think we’re psychos?
 
Desmond: I already think I am, so why not you two also? Lets all be psychos. [begins to stand up]
 
Jackie: listen man, I don’t care if you change your mind, if you leave, you already know too much and Drake will kill you.
 
Desmond: alright, can you prove any of this to me?
 
Drake: lets just talk about the rest of this at the office, the boss wants to meet you.
 
[transition to a building, very nice and professional looking. at the end of the room, there is a woman sitting at a desk behind a computer]
 
Jackie: who’s the nerdy chick?
 
Lady: [gives him an offish look and looks at Drake] Hello mister Towers, how are you today?
 
Drake: I’m great actually, got a newbie here.
 
Desmond: That’s me, I’m quite the bad a*s.
 
Lady: I’m sure you are, [turns to Drake] is the fresh meat always this big headed?
 
Jackie: [clearing throat] Who’s the nerdy chick?
 
Lady: [looking annoyed] Mister Cross. How are you?
 
Jackie: [looking confused] I’m amazing, listen, I don’t know how you know my name, but I don’t like that fact. Appreciate it if you keep my info to yourself.
 
Lady: alright nice to meet you. [she pushes a button] the elevator is on it’s way.
 
Drake: Thanks Lady.
 
They begin walking to the elevator, the camera is in front of them going backwards.
 
Desmond: so is her real name Lady, or is it, y’know, umm. What’s her name?
 
Drake: [looking at Jackie] I think it’s Lady, it’s umm. Well.
 
Jackie: yeah it’s Lady, I think, but it doesn’t matter, she sooo wants me.
 
Drake: yeah, m’hmmm, yeah whatever.
 
The elevator door closes.
 
Scene cuts to the destination, A hallway leading to an office on the top floor of the building.
 
Desmond: So what is this place?
 
Drake: It’s a brotherhood.
 
Jackie: of (pausing momentarily) sorts…
 
Drake: But that doesn’t matter right now, you need to worry about 1st impressions.
 
Desmond: I thought I was guaranteed the job.
 
Jackie: You are, but it depends on how long they want to keep ya before they “let ya go” (says it sarcastically).
 
They arrive at the door at the end of the hallway, Drake knocks twice. The door opens on the second knock. An attractive woman answers the door. Ahh, Drake, Jackie, Desmond we were expecting you.
 
Desmond: [to Jackie] how does she know my name.
 
Drake: we know everything here, thanks to lady, she’s the one who gets all our info, worlds top hacker.
 
Desmond: [under his breath] she could hack me anytime.
 
Drake and Jackie look at each other and shake their heads.
 
Elle: [the woman who answered the door eyes Desmond ruefully] Please, have a seat, the boss will begin shortly.
 
[with Desmond smiling smugly they all sit down and a man begins to speak. No one else is in the room so Desmond starts looking around anxiously.]
 
The boss: Hello Jackie [camera shows Jackie] Drake [camera shows Drake] and Desmond [ camera shows Desmond looking confused] I hope you all are doing well. I also hope that Desmond was a good choice. Arrogance is not always strength.
 
Desmond: hey bro, I bet I can take you out.
 
Jackie: He can’t hear you, this is a one way
 
The Boss: I believe that was sufficient time for Desmond’s response. [pauses] Moving on, Desmond, your training starts in three days if you decide to go on with this. Of course you can still decide not to continue. So we will give you three days to prove yourself. By the third day you must either choose to move on, in which case you will never see any of this again and this will all seem as distant as a dream to you. Or you will kill one person from the list that Elle is handing you right now.
 
[Elle hands Desmond a sheet of paper. Desmond looks at her and she smiles at him and winks.]
 
The Boss: Desmond, you can see Lady for information on the person you decide to eliminate. Gentlemen, [shows Jackie, Drake, and Desmond sitting in a row, with Elle out of focus behind them.] Elle [Focuses on Elle, she is staring at Desmond] Have a nice day.
 
[they stand up look at each other and silently walk out the door]
 
Desmond: So, I have to kill some one with out any special training?
 
Drake: yes.
 
Desmond: why without training?
 
(no one answers)
 
Desmond: [pauses] well, once I do this and get trained, do I become like you?
 
Drake: we’re not fully aware of how this works, and thus, don’t know how to change people.
 
Desmond: you said that you were indestructible or something[pauses] Can’t you…..
 
Jackie: (interrupts before Desmond could finish the next question) we said that we were immortal, there are……. Limitations.
 
Drake: we’re only stronger than most people because we train often and have for a long time, and, unlike invincibility, we can be killed just as easily as anyone else.
 
Jackie: except we cant be killed because we know what the hell we’re doing
 
Desmond: oh, sorry. Um do i..
 
Drake: no you don’t become Immortal. We were born like this and don’t know how to control it, or create it.
 
Desmond: alright.. well then what next? [they are standing at the elevator doors, which open and they walk in.]
 
Jackie: you wake up tomorrow morning, you will have information on the three targets. Decide who you want to eliminate and do it.
If you decide not to, we’ll take it from there.
Get some sleep.
 
[the elevator door closes and the screen fades to black, it fades back to Desmond waking up, scared in his apartment. He gets up and goes to the bathroom, looks at himself in the mirror, bends over and washes his face, he then stands up and clutches his head, he opens the medicine cabinet {the mirror} and grabs some medicine, when he closes the mirror Drake and Jackie are leaning in the door frame.]
 
Jackie: you made up your mind?
 
Desmond: [grabbing his toothbrush] I need the info, and some coffee first.
 
[at this point, a fight ensues, Desmond wants to test Jackie and Drake to see if they are the real thing.]
 
 
 
 

© 2009 MirrorTree Productions


Author's Note

MirrorTree Productions
please just look past the personal notes, which are in most of the brackets. []

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on January 14, 2009
Last Updated on January 15, 2009

Author

MirrorTree Productions
MirrorTree Productions

Gastonia, NC



About
We are a small, web based video production company, dealing mostly with action, comedy, and drama movies. We would like to think that our scripts are strong and our characters are easy to identify wit.. more..

Writing