Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Heroes

Heroes

A Story by Larisa
"

This is an homage to David Bowie and his song "Heroes". It's also fanfiction based on the works of JK Rowling which I do not own, so there characters aren't mine.

"

I, I will be king

James Potter started seventh year on top of the world. The Quidditch pitch his castle, the Marauders his trusted knights, and Hogwarts his kingdom. And though nothing could drive the darkness of the outside world completely away, he felt like this would be their year anyway. Like they could be heroes, just for that year.

 

And I, I’ll drink all the time

For Sirius Black, the darkness was too big, too close. He could see his brother slipping away and his boyfriend’s eyes growing sadder, and he knew that nothing could keep them together.

 

And you, you can be mean

Remus Lupin’s sadness turned into anger and his anger into aggressiveness. But maybe it was for the best because out there, he was nothing, and nothing could help him. Not even the Marauders.

 

I, I wish you could swim

Peter Pettigrew didn’t want his friends to get hurt. But they were foolish, standing up to the more powerful that way! He wished they could all just leave. To some deserted island, to America, wherever! Because here, nothing four teenagers did would drive the Death Eaters away. And Peter Pettigrew didn’t think he was meant to be a hero, not even just for one day.

 

Though nothing, nothing will keep us together

James Potter finished his last year at Hogwarts feeling like an old man. Sirius Black finished his last year at Hogwarts near unconsciousness. Remus Lupin left the next day to go deep undercover. Peter Pettigrew still didn’t want his friends to get hurt. But he wanted to get hurt even less. And so the four boys parted, realizing that as the men they now were, they would not be together forever and ever.

 

Yes, we’re lovers, and that is a fact

Lily Evans and James Potter knew that it was rushed. They knew it was a dangerous time to bring a child into this world. But they loved each other, and nothing feels rushed when you could realistically die the next day. And even if nothing could keep them together, at least they would have been, even if just for one day.

 

 

 We can be us, just for one day

Remus Lupin couldn’t help but notice that Sirius Black was smiling more than he had in two whole years at Lily and James’s wedding. And though both men’s eyes didn’t quite light up the way they used to when they laughed, they were more like their old selves that day. And maybe they could be them, just for one day.

 

Maybe we’re lying

Distance proved to be the Marauders’ demise. Distance, and fear. Because how can you trust anyone when people are dying left and right and you know a traitor is out there somewhere?

 

Though nothing would drive them away

It seemed hard to believe that it had come down to this, but they had to do it. Switch the Secret Keeper, and say nothing. Say nothing to the man who had been their best friend for ten years. Say nothing, to be a bit safer, just for one day.

 

Then you better not stay

“Take Harry and go! I’ll hold him off!” A flash of green light, and just like that, James Potter would be deemed a hero, forever and ever. But before Lily Potter could run, footsteps were coming up the stairs and all she could do was be a hero too.

 

Oh we can beat them forever and ever

When Harry Potter walked into the Forbidden Forest, he knew that he, just like his parents and many others before him, had to be a hero, just for one last day. Because only then, seventeen years later, could he finally beat them forever and ever.

 

 

 

© 2016 Larisa


Author's Note

Larisa
This was just a quick thing I wrote in the morning and not at all in the same style I usually write so any comments would be appreciated! Thanks for reading :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on January 11, 2016
Last Updated on January 11, 2016
Tags: Marauders, Harry Potter, David Bowie, Fanfiction, Heroes

Author

Larisa
Larisa

Belgium



About
I read, I write, I tumble (both in a gym and on the internet). That's about it. more..

Writing
America America

A Story by Larisa





Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!