Bad Day

Bad Day

A Poem by .Bunnie.
"

Yep, it's been one of those days....

"

My heart feels heavy.

My soul, once bright and fair,

Is now dark, tainted by your severities.

I gave you every fiber of my being;

I gave you everything within myself.

But it was never enough to save you.

How can one save the world, when the world only fights you?

But still, I keep trying.

It's not in my nature to give up on you,

So don't give up on yourself.

My heart now belongs to you,

So if you fail, I fail.

So I'll keep fighting you, my love.

I'll fight you until we both succeed.

And in the end, it will have been worth it,

Because you deserve the world, and the world I shall give you.

I love you.

© 2009 .Bunnie.


Author's Note

.Bunnie.
This is contradictory, just like my entire life is turning out to be. Ive already failed, yet I keep pushing, I keep trying. Who knows if things will work out in the end? We shall see.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

one of my favorite quotes state; "in the end, it'll all be alright. if it's not all alright, then it's not the end."
by the beautiful descriptions of the poem i can see its not all alright, so therefore, its not the end ;) and you haven't failed.
keep trying my friend!
you'll win this war!
Great poem, well done!
Happy New Year!
Nish

Posted 14 Years Ago


i'm always torn between being a realist and being a dreamer. there is something to be said for sticking to impossible tasks. but there is also something to be said for knowing when to walk away. i guess the decisions we make about things like that make us who we are.
this was a very nice, thought provoking poem. well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I was reading, and felt there to be contradictory. Now that I know it is, I read the poem again with contradictory in mind, then saw the true vision of the poem.
Yes it is true we all have already failed at life, by just being alive, but that doesn't mean we quit, besides, look how far we are already.
~D♥m♥~

Posted 14 Years Ago


It is hard the struggles we face when someone feels like they are slipping away. This piece was very well expressed and I could feel the longing of things to become better. Excellent job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Your writing is good. I found myself interested in this poem.

I would edit again and consider the number of times the word you is used. You may be using that word as a device...it's all about "you". If so you might change the title to reflect that choice.

It is a good poem regardless. :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Sometime emotions are contradictory. I like this, though it is bitter sweet.
*hugs* i hope your day gets better.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hey you really show great character her... strength and determination of a generous heart... very bitter sweet and beautiful writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Interesting - I see an interpretation that most likely was not your intention so I'll express it anyway in hopes that maybe it will help your day, or at the very least give you a different outlook on it.

You sound ready to take on the weight of the world, convinced that nothing is too heavy to carry as long as the person in your sights is there for you, beckoning you onward. You don't understand the world and you don't care, but given the chance you would gladly pull it apart and piece it back together to perfection, giving it to him and saying "I made this for you". In essence, you'll pick out the parts you like and use those parts to present the world to him.

Something like that, just an observation. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 23, 2009

Author

.Bunnie.
.Bunnie.

Belvidere, IL



About
Okay, so I think I'm scrapping all my old s**t and starting fresh!! I took a break from Writer's Cafe, but I'm back!! So a little debriefing about me. I started out reading romance novels when I w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..