I tried to scream but I was underwater

I tried to scream but I was underwater

A Story by Juse
"

she found comfort underwater, so she tried free herself.

"
I grew up not telling my problems to anyone. They knew me as a lively, funny, happy and cheerful laddie. Every time someone shares their problems with me, I always listen. I know how hard it is to express your uncertainty and worries to others. It means that they have a deep sense of faith and desire to be understood. That's courage and bravery, and I don't have that.

Every night, I cry myself to sleep. My family never noticed my despair. Although I wanted to hurt myself physically, I'd rather not to eat when they're not around. My agony remains unseen, and I got used to it. It's better to keep it a secret than to make them worried. I wanted to tell them because I've been keeping it for so long, and it feels so heavy, but I just don't feel safe when I ponder speaking or venting out my problems with people. I kept quiet.

I started taking midnight baths since I was 11. It helps me to unburden myself and feel at peace. I often sleep in the tub, being near water, especially when my whole body is in it, just makes me feel at ease. Just in time to take a midnight bath, I went to the bathroom to bath myself in the tub. I had to plunge my head and my entire body underwater.

I feel asleep and found myself under the deep depths of the ocean. I felt safe, secure and free but soon I began to lose oxygen... I tried to scream; I'm drowning! I couldn't hold my breath much longer... I screamed loudly for help then suddenly... I woke up and found myself fainting unconscious under the water. I stood up in the tub and cried; afraid I was going to die. It made me realize that I needed to let go of the burden I've been carrying out since I was a child, but I was consoled by the water. It was never a dream; it was the reality. The reality that I tried to scream and asked for help, but I was underwater.

© 2023 Juse


Author's Note

Juse
This is the second story I've written so far, so do consider grammar errors. I'm open for criticism. I'd love to receive your views on how I could improve my writing. Thank you! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on April 28, 2023
Last Updated on June 17, 2023
Tags: short story, depression, stories

Author

Juse
Juse

Philippines



About
Writing as a form of escape. more..

Writing
silent yearning silent yearning

A Poem by Juse


If If

A Poem by Juse


the 'lazy' the 'lazy'

A Poem by Juse