I remember...

I remember...

A Poem by 4thelifeofme
"

A vision of love

"
I remember how we walked in the park.
I remember we held hands as light turned to dark.
I remember how you stared me in my eyes, as you held me close.
I remember you looked at me as if you trusted me more that most,
As to say, don't forget me,
I remember you said, honey please don't forget the hours, minutes, and seconds we've spent.
OH I remember, and i'll never forget, that lucky night when we first met.
My first words to you were, "Hello I'm...", before i could finish you said the words that i recited in my mind,from start to finish.

I remember the feeling that shook me from inside out, when those lovely words came out of your mouth.
A sigh of relief did i feel that night, as if being told my left and right.
Do you remember, you took my hand and said to me, "With you is where i should always be.
I remember because...

I remember, because your here and i know its truth, that I was totally and never regrettably meant for you.
I remember I am yours, and you are mine, yes i know the cliche goes a little like that, but it doesn't change the fact that i love you.
I remember, please say you do to, when we said the words, "I do".
Do you remember?
I know I ask this time after time, but its the only way I can get you to see that this, me and you, is nothing of a curse, but a blessing to me.
Oh darling, please say you remember, don't you see, can't you see, you were totally and never regrettably meant for me.

I remember all these things, and i have to say, i chose to stay this person that's here with you today.
Oh beloved. I hope you remember, while you sleep and dream a dream. that when you rise to wake, I'll still be you everything.
I remember each day, whether good or bad, that these things won't ruin the love we have.

Oh honey sleep and rest, as will I, I promise these memories of us will never die.

So sleep on love, I'll do the same, I'm thankful for the end of us that never came.

I remember these things and i have to say I'm glad your still here with me today...

Goodnight.  

© 2012 4thelifeofme


Author's Note

4thelifeofme
tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on May 23, 2012
Last Updated on May 23, 2012

Author

4thelifeofme
4thelifeofme

Waco, TX



About
full time student...with a fondness for a lot of things and one of them is spoken word poetry... more..

Writing
wonder wonder

A Poem by 4thelifeofme