Star Gazing

Star Gazing

A Story by Lisa Hoffman
"

This story was an assignment in which our teacher challenged us to use the word trailer within a story.

"

Star Gazing

            Devin and Sarah stood upon the hill, gazing at the stars.  It was their first date.  Devin wanted to take Sarah somewhere special.  Somewhere that meant something to him.  They stood there silently, gazing up at the velvet sky. 

            “It looks like a big velvet quilt is covering the sky doesn’t it, Devin?” Sarah asked. 

            Devin looked up.

            “Hey, you’re right!  The stars even look liked diamonds that were sowed into it, “turning his gaze towards Sarah.   She was beautiful.  Well beautiful to him, anyway. The cool night wind played with her hair.  Her soft brown eyes were kind and innocent.  Devin couldn’t help but smile as he looked at her.  Sarah returned his smile.    

            “You shouldn’t have done that,” Sarah whispered softly. 

            “Done what? “ Devin asked, brushing hair from Sarah’s forehead.  Her brown skin was so soft. 

“You shouldn’t have brought me here, to this place.”  Sarah whispered, smiling, and looking down. 

            “Why not,” Devin probed, daring to move a little closer.  Sarah was silent

 for only an instant.  During that instant, Devin noticed how two long streaks of silver moonlight blended perfectly with Sara’s raven hair.   He also saw that the moonlight had placed diamonds in her eyes. 

            Devin just stared at her, awe struck.  In that moment, she looked so strong and yet so vulnerable at the same time.    He wanted so much to hold her.  However, he fought back the impulse. 

            The moment ended when Sarah spoke again.  She smiled sweetly, still peering at the ground.  Within her voice there a hint of nervousness. 

            “This night has been perfect and you’ve been so sweet to me.  If you keep this up, Devin, I’m afraid that I might fall for you,”

            Devin’s heart leapt when he heard Sarah say these words. 

            “Would that be so bad?” Devin whispered, taking Sarah’s hands. Sarah lifted her head as he did this, meeting his eyes. Sarah blushed as Devin sharp blue eyes gazed into hers. 

            “No not at all.” she softly replied

There was no more need for words Devin placed his hand on   Sarah’s cheek, gently brushing back a strand of hair.  He then slowly leaned in.  Just as there lips were about to touch, Sarah suddenly broke away. 

            Looking up, she shouted, “Look Devin, a shooting star!”

            Devin’s eyes followed Sarah’s hand. 

            “Wow,” Devin cried, “look at that trailer!”

            He was referring to the thin wisp of cloud that the star had left behind. 

            “Amazing, isn’t it?” Sarah stated.

            Yeah, it’s amazing,” Devin whispered.

            Just then, a pop like a gun sounded above them.  Suddenly, beautiful fireworks suddenly filled the sky.  For a minute, they both gaze in awe at the vibrant colors that rapidly exploded into the night.  Their eyes met again.  Without another thought, Devin took Sarah into his arms.  It was then that they shared a tender kiss.                               

© 2008 Lisa Hoffman


Author's Note

Lisa Hoffman
Forgive to cheeseiness please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on April 8, 2008