Lips upon Lips/ You could be Anyone

Lips upon Lips/ You could be Anyone

A Story by Kate
"

What is there left to do? I have done everything. You could be anyone.

"

When I first saw you, I knew I had fallen, I knew that I had failed completely. When you smiled, I realised that everything I knew about life, was worthless. When you smiled, it was as though you were defying everything, everything I had ever thought was true. You wiped away every meaning and set yourself in its place.

 

I began to unravel. Fibre and fibre pulling away from each other and fraying down to separate strands.

 

I think that the first moment I saw you, I hated you. Twisted up inside with my bitter jealousy.

 

It didn’t work though. It became serious. Limbs were threatening to break away. I was unravelling beyond repair. A mess of multi-coloured threads.

 

You are an intoxication. Perhaps a poison. Filling my lungs and my body to the point of extinction.

 

Time passed, as it does, and I suppose something must have changed. For there is something about you, something attractive, something that clings like a terminal disease. Unshakable.

 

I found the answer eventually; I kissed you. I kissed you and suddenly everything made perfect sense.

 

(Does everything make perfect sense?)

 

And now, you are lying on the bed. Limbs askew, lips parted. You made me see colours, red and blue. But they bored me. And so you now you are lying on the bed, and now you are the furthest you have ever been from me; you are so close I can smell your skin and you are so far I can barely see your face.

 

We are driftwood on a frozen sea. And so soon.

 

I liked it better when I didn’t know. Ignorance is bliss. The thought of lips upon lips.

 

You stir on the bed and I glance over, pen poised.

 

What is there left to do? I have done everything. You could be anyone.

© 2010 Kate


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm easily taken by your words.

Posted 13 Years Ago


good show

Posted 14 Years Ago


You are a Poet.. You brought me in with sweet words and held my attention to the last sweet words. You can write a poem of mystery and passion. A outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 5, 2010
Last Updated on April 5, 2010
Tags: sex confusion relationships mono

Author

Kate
Kate

Southampton, United Kingdom



About
WORDS AND PICTURES more..

Writing
mud and bones mud and bones

A Story by Kate


wet dog wet dog

A Story by Kate


light fading light fading

A Poem by Kate



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..