Sands of time

Sands of time

A Poem by Kristina Moulaison

 

 
 
In the silence
I must find meaning.
 
In the creaking of the stairs
I need to hear
the striving of the human race
throughout the ages.
 
In the waters churning
I must know the changing, but constantly
beating heart, of life itself.
 
In the rustling of the trees
I must sense the stirring connection
of all that is.
 
This, so that
the passing of my years,
the beating, stirring and churning
of my own heart
will not go unnoticed.
 

© 2011 Kristina Moulaison


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
I can't really explain it but this piece reminds me of my home, my Alaska. I've always found what I need here among the trees and lakes and mountains and rivers and the Aurora. I've seen and heard and felt things here that can't be found anywhere else. This land is part of my soul, part of my heart.
It's remarkable but your piece reminded me of this unique and stunning place. Thank you!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews


in the rustling of the trees

I must sense the stirring connection

of all that is.

kris, this is a breathtaking depth of
spiritual emotion, soul rendered imagery,
finding meaning, love the vision you
rendered, to be a light in a dark world.
Artfful creativeness as truly touching
passion, a delicare tapestry of emotion.
absolutely beautiful, peace, mike


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i found my mind opening as this poem unfolded, wrapping my mind with my owns sense of longing, and feeling a sense of connection with you, this poem, thank you for sharing this with me~peace to you~john

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This writing contains a very deep meaning. You take "stop and smell the roses" to a whole new level. To feel the essence of the existence around you. To be one with the universe in order to give your life meaning. To feel to a depth that most human beings could never achieve. Fully empathetic to nature itself. I loved this piece. It sounds as if it came straight from the desires that fill your soul.

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

When I first read this, I wanted to suggest to maybe put the lines together, so that they're not so spaced out. When I read it again, I realized that this format works and fits the theme you're going for. One word stood out to me particularly, which was "connection" and it created a nice paradoxical sense in comparison to the format.

And the sentiment was sincere, and I found myself enjoying the tone of longing, if only because I was able to relate (as weak a comment that is, it's true).

Thanks for sharing.

Take care.

Alia

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

mmmm.....this was lovely, it is a 'perfect' poem with a 'perfect' title...all of the things that seem to go unnoticed day in and day out (...leaves rustling in a breeze, the creaking of wooden stairs, the sound of water washing onto shore...) the things we take for granted...thinking time stands still...hope that one day i will be fortunate enough to make the "connection of all that is" before my time has passed and it is too late. Love LOVE your format...the spacing provides an emphasis/pause after every line, making your thoughts and images linger......beautiful.


Posted 17 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I'm still new to the site's features but I've added this one to my reading list (I think that means it's like a favorite now, hehe).

This one is perfect.

Posted 17 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 26, 2008
Last Updated on November 23, 2011

Author

Kristina Moulaison
Kristina Moulaison

Bellingham, WA



About
I write. Read me. We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, la.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..