I want to touch you

I want to touch you

A Poem by Dupur Mitra

Just for once I want to touch you 
Then i shall be something new 
something like a green leaf 
or may be grass you don't belief 
may be beat of your heart 
may be the colours of your art 
may be rain or wave of the sea 
may be the loneliness of a tree 
I want to touch you just for once
Then i shall be the history history of one's 
history of loneliness or history of a rain drop 
or the paddy field of a farmer or crop 

© 2013 Dupur Mitra


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love the first stanza! It fell apart (for me) in the second line of the second stanza but I appreciate the form, the simplicity and the word choices. The third stanza is really good too. I think a comma in the second line of the fourth stanza might help; right there between the "history history." Also, you may want to consider losing the apostrophe in "one's." I say that only because the possession/ownership is unclear (again, to me.) The last couplet is a great ending but the logical connectives are somewhat vague without more logical support from the previous lines. But, you just keep getting better and better, Dupur! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Your longing for her has produced a very nice piece. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A lovely gentle piece ful of love.

Posted 11 Years Ago


It shows the interconnectedness of humanity; when we are being the most real and vulnerable and true, we are the mosrt human. i like the small i, like e.e. cummings, and also the fact that when you mention touching her, it is a capital I, like that is the most important part of you, your love for her.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love the couplets here. Make sure you capitalize you letters and also the word "belief" doesn't seem right, Maybe "believe" would fit better?
Love it.
Love to you x

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lovely description in your poetry. Lovely poem!! Well done.

One thing:
Make sure you you capitalize your 'I'

Really good.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Each couplet here tells a story, each thought is a need, desire, dream ..
even to feel the brief breath of another person is precious - and more is.. well, that's treasure unforgettable! ' Just for once I want to touch you ~ Then i shall be something new . ' and that's how it can be when the moment's right.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nicely done

Posted 11 Years Ago


A amazing poem. The human touch is needed. The touch make us feel alive and needed. A wise person return the touch of love. I like the description in your poem.
"I want to touch you just for once
Then i shall be the history history of one's "
Thank you for the excellent poetry.
Coyote



Posted 11 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

524 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 5, 2013
Last Updated on January 5, 2013

Author

Dupur Mitra
Dupur Mitra

Dhaka , Bangladesh



About
Dupur Mitra, is a poet and fiction writer from Bangladesh. Studied PhD from Jahangirnagar University, Dhaka in biodiversity and forest management. Published two books in Bangla, named 44 Kobeta (44.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..