Attitude Adjustment

Attitude Adjustment

A Story by Michaela

You ever wonder if you’re meant for so much more than whats currently happening to you? Cliche right? Today i had one of those moments. The moments you dont expect to happen, ones that take your breath away and everything around you seems to

pause for just a split second.



All it took was a smile from a stranger.


Nothing particularly special about this man. He was a farmer, I could tell from the smell that was filling the small mobile station, and the dirty clothes covered in hard work. Knelt down fighting a stuck bag of dog food. I let out a squeak of “excuse me” and there it was. He stood up and looked into my eyes with a smile, at that moment everything froze. There was no longer anyone around, or anything for that matter. I was stuck in his world. Looking at the creases around his mouth and eyes caused by years of emotions. Getting lost in the dark secrets of his deep brown eyes. I feel his contagious white smile, forming a smile on my face as everything comes back into focus.


The smile on my face doesn’t fade as fast as the moment did. In fact I keep thinking about the man, how happy he was and how his energy engulfed me and changed my whole day around. Made me question the people I surround myself with everyday and my recently negative attitude.

-Thanks.

© 2017 Michaela


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A rare and beautiful moment :)

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 18, 2017
Last Updated on April 18, 2017

Author

Michaela
Michaela

VT



About
I'm a small town girl with oversized dreams. Work full time and am so fortunate to be able to travel the world. I realized I spent most of my time at work, and didn't really have any hobbies anymore. .. more..

Writing