Ending

Ending

A Poem by Mjh1972
"

I attend a Poetry group every other Saturday, and the theme this week is Endings, so this is what I wrote!

"

The End I think?

The ending comes after the beginning, that is just the rule, unless that is, the ending is the beginning, and now you’re making me a fool.

If you start at the ending, then the ending becomes the beginning, and that is just confusing.

For an ending to be an ending it has to have had a beginning, and that is final, apart from where it’s not final, but just the beginning, oh help!

You see as the Sun sets in the sky, you might say that the day is ending, but if you work nights then it’s just the start, and the same goes in the morning, for one the ending for another a new start.

In a relay race the end of the first stint, is the start of the next stint, so not the ending but a start, it’s getting confusing again, I think.

An ending can be a sad thing, the love affair was ending, his life light going out, the life support switched off.

Or a celebration, the exams were ended at last, the driving test completed, you past!

When you cut a piece of string, do you cut it at its start or ending? Once cut does it become the start? Once that ending becomes the start, what happened to the ending?

The film was ending, but that was the start of the sequel, and Star Wars just don’t play fair, for their ending is then followed by the starting? Oh help I’m ending up nuts, or am I just starting?

Endings can give mixed feelings, your life in school is done, but now for the world of WORK

Your first flat as you leave your parents’ home, but who’s going to tuck you in at night?

The battle was ending, the war was done, a marathon completed, a mountain ascended,

Endings, endings, endings!

This poem is now ended….or is it the start?

© 2016 Mjh1972


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on December 17, 2016
Last Updated on December 17, 2016
Tags: Enging, and Begining

Author

Mjh1972
Mjh1972

United Kingdom



About
I love writing and that includes, Poetry, Novels, Short Stories & scripts more..

Writing
Peter the Rock? Peter the Rock?

A Stage Play by Mjh1972


A Time To Face A Time To Face

A Story by Mjh1972