Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
How you're alike

How you're alike

A Poem by Mariah
"

No description needed, read.

"
How you're alike

You say you have nothing in common, but you're more alike than you think. You say opposites attract but you're both negatively charged.
You say that your differences are too great, you've been dwindling since the start.
But mother and father, you're so alike.

Momma yells her heart out in rage and blames everyone for her mistakes. She slams the door shut in my face, when all I've said is "it'll be okay."
Father blared in my ears you aren't good enough. He didn't have to say a word, I could tell from his face. Disappointment. Hatred. Disgust.

Father shuts his door. Mother shuts her door. You're alike.

Father turns away. He's always gone even when he's here. He hides from reality behind his locked door. His presence is no longer needed. I did all the growing up on my own.
Mother pushes people away. Locks her self from the world and tells me to go away. She cries and then laughs and screeches and smiles and cries once more. She blames it on her past, but little does mommy know, the devil named bipolar is corrupting her mind, body and soul.
Neither mommy or daddy will ever know.

Where were you when brother came out gay, and where were you when I was crying on the bathroom floor in pain, and how couldn't you see that your baby got sicker every day.
Mother was never there when we needed her.
And father, you were never there when we needed you.
You're alike.
You were never there when we all needed you the most.

© 2014 Mariah


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on February 23, 2014
Last Updated on February 23, 2014

Author

Mariah
Mariah

MN



About
1997 pisces artist I'm passionate about writing. I put my whole self into what I write. My writing is me. Enjoy my pieces and leave comments, friend me or mail me with anything and everything. .. more..

Writing
Fear Fear

A Poem by Mariah