What She Sees

What She Sees

A Story by Mackenzie
"

a short free-write I did not too long ago

"

    she peered out the window into darkness. i could tell she was trying to see something - something that i had no idea if it was there or not. sometimes i felt like she did this a lot. she’d look at nothing and try to see something, try to make things, objects, and people out of complete and utter nothingness. i loved that about her. she could look at a night sky and see a sunset. she could paint stars on the walls with her mind. she could stare out the window and see a man waving hello. and what i loved most is that she always played along. i’m not sure if she knew if it was real or not, if she could tell her imagination from reality. all i know is she’d always wave back. i’ve come to learn about myself that i like that in people; the ability to escape reality, to make new ones. to create worlds out of dust. 


© 2017 Mackenzie


Author's Note

Mackenzie
Everything is purposely lower-case.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on January 10, 2017
Last Updated on January 10, 2017
Tags: short story, mystery

Author

Mackenzie
Mackenzie

Cincinnati , OH



About
I'm Mackenzie, I am 17 and have a great passion for writing (mostly) poetry. I joined writers cafe for some feedback on some of my work, so feel free to comment on any of my writing. If you have any q.. more..

Writing