Lost in Longing

Lost in Longing

A Poem by Mackenzie
"

I wrote this when I was falling for someone that I couldn't have

"

tangled in your sheets, lost in you for weeks. come by and say hi, won’t you, please? I’ve missed you, and don’t you miss me too? I’ve known you forever it seems, but I’ve grown to you, you see? there’s something about you I want to explore but I know you wouldn’t answer if I knocked on your door. I know It’s weird, and I know your fears.. but all I’m asking is a chance to wipe your tears. please don't leave me like this, aren’t I worth more than to simply dismiss? maybe all I want is a kiss… or two or three. f**k I’m a mess, won’t you help me? but there’s no helping me, I’m just lost in the sea. I’m outside your door, locked out with no keys. Can I light you some candles or is it too much for you to handle? I want to give you a night of wine and stars, dimly lit by the fire of passing cars.


© 2017 Mackenzie


Author's Note

Mackenzie
Everything is purposely lower-case.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on January 10, 2017
Last Updated on January 10, 2017
Tags: love, heartbreak, poetry, love poem, longing, lost, sad, lonely, depressed

Author

Mackenzie
Mackenzie

Cincinnati , OH



About
I'm Mackenzie, I am 17 and have a great passion for writing (mostly) poetry. I joined writers cafe for some feedback on some of my work, so feel free to comment on any of my writing. If you have any q.. more..

Writing