Drunken Dream

Drunken Dream

A Story by M
"

The night of living but in a horror filled dream.

"

It was late at night, out in the pub was my usual interest at night. It was at a local bar in Sbumili in the town of Cumboriack.

Having many exposure to many drinks with the lass and boys. I played pool, danced, and played the knife game. Arm wrestling drunk was my favorite “if I win I get your lass” I told the man. He said “sure if I win I get your car” and I beat him, I said it’s a joke.

I wouldn’t take my mate's girl, I'm married. To a wife I loved and a baby boy we had recently. I’m here at the pub enjoying my night. I drank and kept going saying I’ll be the best father there is.

With me Mahabur was my name, I had one mother and no dad so having a single parent was rough. My mama stepped up and became the best parent she has raised, comforted and told me I’ll be the best man to a woman's dream.

Then I chanted to my mates “number one dad” while they poured liquor and ice cubes down my back. It made me too tipsy that night I guess.

I went outside s**t face and broke to not have money for a cab my mates left long ago and it was closing time, and into my car so intoxicated I knew I couldn’t drive but I had to go home.

I asked the first person I knew I could. The lady bartender who was already off shift I told her can you drive me home there’s a $100 tip. She came up to me and said sure why not.

We talked in the car but my mind was gone and blurry. I told her “where we are '' and she said “a parking lot”. I asked ”why” she said “$100 gets you what you want”.

I felt aroused but fatigue after a nice 10 minutes. I then told her to beat it out of my car and just tried to drive myself home.

While I was driving I told myself “why I am such a dissatisfied and disappointed person”. My mother would be disgusted, my wife doesn’t deserve this and I couldn’t live with these choices. I said ”I don’t deserve anything”.

Suicidal was never in my thoughts; it was the sheer pain of the countless times I failed that got to me. From a son who was never worth it in the eyes of his own father, cheap thrills for my dopamine and the lack of morale for my partner.

I asked “is it the liquor or me” while I’m driving on this road barely keeping the car steady. I parked somewhere, I forgot to be honest. Everything felt dizzy and I passed out.

I woke up in jail. It felt like a comatose I couldn’t move for a minute but then I finally was able to. I thought I parked in a random person's house and they arrested me for drunk driving or that prostitute was a snitch.

This jail wasn’t a typical one. It felt different like I was by myself and I can’t remember if I talked to anyone yet. I do remember being tossed out of my car but by who. I saw the orange jumpsuit on me and the cell looked normal but no papers of my arrest.

I started to yell ”CO” (it is short for court officer) multiple times but no one came. The clock said 3am, that's weird when I left at 12am from the pub.

If I wondered this much, I might need a good fib to get away with this. I started then hearing the yelling from other cells and screaming to just people hurting themselves and punching walls. I kept pondering and pacing in the cell all the time.

I was in anguish, fretting and thoughts racing through my mind. I tried banging my head on the concrete wall to give myself a concussion. Knocking myself out to go to the hospital was my only choice.

I then heard giggles as I ran to the cell door. I heard a baby laugh. It was laughing at me menacingly with a face of taunting. It was mentally in my head I started pulling my hair out to make it stop the pain of hearing it.

I looked right and left seeing no one, not a soul. I said ”show yourself you damn baby” a baby then crawled right in front of my cell from the looks of it it came out the one beside me laughing more rolling over.

I said ”what are you doing here” yelling “CO there’s a baby here get it to safety” it looked at me angry after spitting blood on me.

Startled, I saw the most unseeable thing: the baby’s head twisting all the way around 360 while saying my name.

the laughing stopped, the baby’s look stopped, even the noise of silence stopped and I had just the noise of cracked bones over and over in my head.

I couldn’t un see it or even unhear it I then see a green skeleton mask covered black robe covered person walk up to the baby with a tube playing in the back.

I said “stop leave it alone or I’ll kill you” the baby's neck snapped and left on the floor. That monster cut it’s head right in front of me, stabbing it repeatedly.

I puked on the floor while the monster looked at me in my eyes right in front of my cell. I was scared I couldn’t move. I couldn’t save the baby. I tried to move but my legs stopped and I was pushed back.

The monster pointed left and walked away. I didn’t care what it did. I went up to the cell door and kept banging as hard as I could so I yelled at the monster “let me free so I could fight you” with no response.

I felt like I had a purpose to avenge this baby. The rumbling of the door shaked and made a loose bar fall off. I pushed my way through it and I looked angry at this baby's death.

I saw the monster. I think it was a woman whose face was a blur. She had the baby in her arms and left the knife in the baby's eyes and it stared right at me from a distance like it was in shock.

It started to run away from me so I ran after her with enough stamina in me I caught up to her and tackled her and she dropped. I saw her but didn’t care or hesitate to punch this baby killer.

Left and right hook punches while I was top mount on her I broke her jaw and her face was dismantled right in front of me her face was losing the blur after every punch harder and harder.

Until I saw her face blue eyes and soft brunette hair with those same soft lips and beautiful on point nose. It was my wife, it was my dead baby.

I stabbed and snapped its neck. I thought I saw a purpose instead I tossed myself into a deep abyss with no route to get out my life gone, my everything gone.

I finally felt nothing in my life. This wasn’t freedom, this was a wasteful life. I cried saying ”why was I born” the cops were already called and outside this was a drunken dream that should’ve never happened.

Why didn’t I stop drinking at the pub instead of being home with my wife. I could’ve loved her and took care of her and our child.

Instead my choices and actions lead me here with these drinks and bimbos. This was a drunken dream that was real. Tears fell and while I looked into her face one last time.

© 2021 M


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on August 5, 2021
Last Updated on August 5, 2021
Tags: Horror, fiction, fantasy

Author

M
M