Dear U 8

Dear U 8

A Story by Chris

Dear U.
Have you ever been stuck out walking in the evening by staring at the stars, thinking that they are so beautiful you almost would cry? It is a bit silly I guess. I mean they are just balls of gas far away from here and shouldn't be called beautiful since in all fairness, they aren't really visible. Just the light from them. Travelling so far to reach us. Light up our path and tell us what direction we are walking. I guess that is why. The poetry behind it. The words that have been told so many times before beautifies them. The stories we grew up with as children mystifies them and makes them more than they are. Maybe that is correct. Or maybe I am trying to explain something again that actually shouldn't be explained. Why should I care why I like something? Instead of wondering why I should just appreciate them for what they are. Inspiration. Guides. A constant presence that never will leave me. Yea, I know some stars are already gone and we still see them because it was so far away that the light is still show here even if they are no longer around. But aren't that the case with all precious things? They stay with us long after they are gone. When I was little I used to talk a lot to the moon. I was so sure that she heard me  and listened carefully to all my troubles. I still, out of habit, talk to her sometimes. It gives me a nostalgic feeling of a time when things seemed simpler and yet again, so much harder. Who we were never truly leaves us, but who we are is constantly changing. I find that so hard to accept sometimes. There are many things I would like to change. My behaviour, my thoughts, what I say. But that really be me then? What am I that can actually be confined in to some simple sentences? Am I that simple? Or far to complicated for myself to understand? I wish you were here. I bet you would make everything seem so much better. I highly doubt I would ever get a full understanding of myself. But I would like to think I would feel much safer with you next to me at least. I guess I can dream about that at least. I hope you do to.
Sweet dreams Dear U...

© 2017 Chris


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on June 25, 2017
Last Updated on June 25, 2017

Author

Chris
Chris

United Kingdom



Writing
Dear U 25 Dear U 25

A Story by Chris


Dear U 24 Dear U 24

A Story by Chris


Dear U 23 Dear U 23

A Story by Chris