Untitled

Untitled

A Story by melril18
"

Just a little thing the insomnia came up with. Not sure what to do with it. Not my best writing.

"

What was I thinking? I knew this wasn’t going to work but then again, I wasn’t the kind of person to give up on something after only three and a half weeks. My mind was reeling. I needed a break. I put my pencil down, pulled on a windbreaker and headed outside. Why did it all have to be so confusing?

 

When I got to the corner of Absher and Pearman streets I froze. Miranda was in the store right across the street! How was that possible? Mitchell was supposed to have called if anything went wrong! I rushed back to my apartment to check my phone that I had left on the charger. It flashed seventeen missed calls. Two from Carrie, one from Mom, and the rest from Mitchell. The earliest one showed a timestamp of 10:45 PM. Seven hours later and they were just showing up. Ugh. I really needed to switch carriers. Soon.

 

I tried to call Mitch back but the call wouldn’t connect. Of course. I got in my car, and old ’03 Ford Contour, and after 10 minutes of trying to start it, finally backed out of the driveway. I’d been to Mitchell’s house a time or two before to pick up a few…things…but in my half-panicked state of mind, my recollection was foggy.  I made it to Fitchue Avenue before I felt totally lost. I pulled into the nearest gas station and shamefully asked for directions.

© 2011 melril18


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow this is really good. It starts in such a haze and confusion, from almost the middle of the story. And you share more and more details, but not too much. It really keeps you going and going I like. I really hope you write something else or more to this story or anything really. Good job though and good luck

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow this is really good. It starts in such a haze and confusion, from almost the middle of the story. And you share more and more details, but not too much. It really keeps you going and going I like. I really hope you write something else or more to this story or anything really. Good job though and good luck

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
1 Review
Added on August 7, 2011
Last Updated on August 7, 2011

Author

melril18
melril18

OK



About
I've been told I'm very charismatic. I love God, music, dance, and people. Words fascinate me. I love life and try to make the most of it. And that's me. more..

Writing