Born Again

Born Again

A Story by melril18
"

Another insomniac story.

"
She parked and got out of the car. She stood for a moment, taking in all the tiny fascinating details of the old building. Finally she summoned the courage to go inside. She stood in the doorway to the sanctuary and once again had to take a moment to appreciate the breathtaking details. The cherubs hanging from the ceiling smiled down at her telling her she was safe here. The stained glass, floor-to-ceiling window reflected its gourgeous purple cross on the ground in front of her. She fell into the nearest pew and tried to stay calm. She didn't know why she was here. She hadn't set foot in any church, let alone this one, for almost fifteen years.She heard foot steps behind her and took in a sharp breath of terror. She turned around to find her former pastor standing behind her watching the same purple cross. 

“Look who it is,” Pastor Wilson said.

“You’re still here?!” she said full of wonder.

“Miranda, I knew you’d come back. I knew you couldn’t stay away from this place forever.”

“You didn’t know anything. You don’t even know me.”

“Listen to me. Carefully. I know I hurt you. I know you’re mad at me�"

Standing up violently she cut him off. “Mad? Really? You took away everything I lived for. All my dreams and aspirations, you took them. And I’ll never get them back,” Miranda wasn’t used to talking to people of authority, or anyone really, like this. She wasn’t the kind of girl to go off on people. She was more the self-conscious type. Suddenly her voice got terrifyingly quiet.

“I came here to fix things with myself. Not to fight with you.”

“Miranda! I would love to fix things with you!”

“I don’t care what you want. I want to be with my Father and myself. Please let me.”

Finally he turned and left. Instead of sitting back in the pew she carefully walked up to the alter and fell on the railing. Tears streaming down her face she raised her eyes and felt God’s hand in her heart.

 

Three hours later she left. Her heart much lighter and her brain much more confused. 

© 2011 melril18


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on November 8, 2011
Previous Versions

Author

melril18
melril18

OK



About
I've been told I'm very charismatic. I love God, music, dance, and people. Words fascinate me. I love life and try to make the most of it. And that's me. more..

Writing