Still Can't Think of a Title for This One...

Still Can't Think of a Title for This One...

A Story by melril18
"

based on a true story

"
Brooklyn

You really love him don't you?
Of course not!
Somewhere way deep down I know I'm lying to her.
My sister, standing barely at my eye level, places her hands on my shoulders and stares at me. His face flashes through my mind. Smiling, worried, perfect.
He made a pretty big impact on me...that's all. Still, there's something telling me I'm reassuring myself more than anyone else.
464 days ago he came into my life, changed it, and walked out. Sure he visits sometimes, but only when he needs me.
Hey I'm in the City. Awful day. Can I come over?
My heart jumps. I enthusiastically consent.

Austin

I guess she's pretty close...haven't seen her in a couple months...why not? I drive to her house, cautious, wondering, and absolutely pissed. I pull up and she runs out of the house. At least someone's happy to see me. Dang it, Savannah! She goes to get her mom. I've met her dad. He's...chill. Brooklyn and I sit and talk for a while. Topics include band, music, cars, computers, breathing, family, ya know the small talk. Finally she asks the question I've been dreading.
What made today so awful?
I guess my face reviled my thoughts because she quickly added,
Or we could not talk about.
Wow. She knows me a lot better than I realized... 
As if she could read my mind she says,
I know you a lot better than you think I do.
She's right. It's too bad Naoemi messed me up so badly. 
If I trusted people... Brooklyn'd be one of them.

© 2013 melril18


Author's Note

melril18
To be continued...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on September 18, 2011
Last Updated on December 29, 2013

Author

melril18
melril18

OK



About
I've been told I'm very charismatic. I love God, music, dance, and people. Words fascinate me. I love life and try to make the most of it. And that's me. more..

Writing