The Girl Kept Away

The Girl Kept Away

A Story by mktm.

oThere's a young girl, With long dark hair and bubble gum pink cheeks. She stayed in a big house with many rooms and few people. And around a corner shined a bright light, once you opened the door you'd know it was hers. White walls with pink curtains. Glass dolls. A wooden desk painted white. Along a wall bookshelves filled with some of the greatest: Shakespeare, Edgar Allen Poe, Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Mark Twain, Virginia Woolf. That was her only way to live. Kept away from society so her innocent heart stays pure, She searches for escape but with no conclusion to her endless search, And soon enough she finds hope in a little brown leather book sent from far away. She takes note of the floral detail imprinted on every page along with the gold lining along it's side. Her blank stare is piercing through the sheets, In her mind she begins to think, "I am young, I have not experienced the world or stepped out side of these walls. What could i possibly write about?" For the night she leaves it written free. Early in the morning she awakens to a beautiful sound, blue bird sing outside her window. And there past the railings that keep her in she see's the most magnificent sight she had ever seen. The colors: pink, yellow, orange blue, purple and a dash of red. Her first sunrise. She ran to her little book grabbed a pencil and sat near her window. Everyday from then on she woke up at the exact same time just to catch a glimpse and create what she could not put into words. 
Years passed.
And her room was empty. There was no more color to those white walls. The desk had been taken over by dead branches from the trees that had invaded the place. Shattered dolls laid bare on the floor The books were all gone. There was no light to the room. 

© 2013 mktm.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on January 20, 2013
Last Updated on January 22, 2013
Tags: mktm, sunrise

Author

mktm.
mktm.

palm springs, CA



About
miranda diaz. 21. more..