The dome

The dome

A Story by midnight reaper

A massive dome lurks in the back of a bright green and well tended garden filled with many fountains and trees yet those who built such beauty ended it abruptly with a ghastly and a monotone black fence with spears at the top so no man could even dare to climb over. The garden itself was in fear of such a thing and where it began to encroach beyond the fence and onto the asphalt path which leads to the doors of the massive dome it reproached back to the outside of the fence. The dome itself housed the eyes and ears of the nation which lurk in every corner, watching and listening through the walls and cracks of every building. With closer examination of the fence there are men in black uniform and white helmets who stand outside it with wooden rifles in hand blocking anyone who dared to touch the fence. People in this world, this nation were outraged ever since the creation of this dome since they have worked to near death to benefit those eyes and ears who never show their faces, a morbid shadow of this nation. Most come out to speak, but no words could be spoken. But in a silent line of broken people, one man did not fear those who stood and with a smile on his face, he came forth with tattered rags on his back and a flower in hand. The men which guarded the fence raised their rifles, but he did not halt and placed the flower in the barrel of one of the many rifles, but it was too late, a roar rang out for mere seconds as the flower blew away with the wind and the man crumpled to the floor taking with him another piece of the sparse hope the people had.  

© 2017 midnight reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

86 Views
Added on March 3, 2017
Last Updated on March 3, 2017