The Last Ride

The Last Ride

A Story by midnight reaper

That faithful night I was driving home with my lover by my side in the passenger seat. The trees glowed under our golden beams as we drove down the country side road admiring the peace it brings. The road seemed to go fourth for eternity just as our love but yet that faithful night it all ended abruptly. I saw another set of beams heading towards us and as it got closer and closer I swerved to the side. Our car flipped twice before stopping at a lonesome tree which wept with its leaves as they fell on our totaled and flipped car. I was bleeding from my a cut in my head and as I unbuckled my seatbelt I saw my lover limp with the tree just mere centimeters from the right side of her fragile body and she was bleeding hard as a puddle began to form below her. I quickly tugged her limp body out of the car searching for someone or at least the car which handed this fate to us. But as much as I searched there was only us. After a few minutes of silence she awoke and smiled at me but yet I could barely see the smile for it was covered in her blood and the darkness masked her beautiful face which I can remember whenever I close my eyes. She coughed and faintly said I love you as she faded from my hands and floated towards the heavens where she belonged. I started to sob as I gently shook her body knowing it was my fault, knowing that I was the one that should have died. Suddenly looking at our car I see a black substance forming below the hood and knowing it would only take a spark I put my lover down by the other side of the lonesome tree which took her life and crawled under the hood of the car waiting for that very spark. As what seemed hours passed I fell asleep only to be awoken by intense heat and then I realized I'm going to see my lover after all.      

© 2017 midnight reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on June 19, 2017
Last Updated on June 19, 2017