God Slayer

God Slayer

A Story by midnight reaper

immortal he is forsaken and shackled to the grave by the gods. Freedom from this hell he seeks. Months and years drag on encased in his tomb. He cries out for mercy as sanity wanes he still remains. His mind turns to plotting his revenge. He begins to find ways to lure mortals to his tomb as the gods forget his existence with every century that passes but he did not forget them. Now he has the upper hand, avenge himself he will. 
   The legend is birthed in the mind of the mortals so the trail could be laid out to his tomb. Now he waits day and night for the sound of hooves. As  time rolled on through the days, the months, and the years he finally heard it. Men covered in black cloaks come to free him from his prison. He was ready for it and as the wall broke down in front of him he rushed one of the men and knocked him off his horse and rode off into the pitch black darkness of night. His blood boils and to the mountain he rides. Day after day endlessly through hills, fields, forests, and mountains covered with dense trees. 
  As night breaks on the final day of his journey he reaches his destination. Rising from the ground almost like a sheer cliff of stone he dismounts and beings to climb upward to the palace of the gods. Passing the clouds and almost touching the heavens he reaches the peak and slips through the palace into the dining hall  where he waits for the gods to begin to feast. 
   Soon the gods show themselves and get comfortable getting drunk off holy wine and stuffing their faces with mountains of food. He 
 suddenly appears out of the shadows where he waited pulling out a shank as he ran for the first god and slit his throat where he sat. As the other three slowly realize who it is their faces turn to shock and horror. He leaps onto the next one before they could react and slits his throat as well. Now the other two jump on him trying to stop him but the centuries of anger that has pent up inside him make it impossible to pin him. With ease he throws them aside and quickly stabs one multiple times in the chest as he turns to the other who is trying to throw himself onto him and proceeds to stab him in the stomach as the god lands on him. He throws him off and gets up and walks to the other one who is bleeding out and riving in pain. He slits his throat and comes back to the last one, kneels and whispers to him "You gods are weak" and then ends him. Now satisfied he climbs back down and rides off disappearing only into mystical legend in the minds of the mortals.

© 2020 midnight reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on March 26, 2020
Last Updated on March 26, 2020