Ceo/Founder of SGIA

Ceo/Founder of SGIA

A Story by Martesha Haynes
"

SPREADING LOVE — According to Haynes, SGIA has evolved, in part, as a community-based ministry, of sorts, in that as God enlightens His children, He doesn’t show favoritism to anyone.

"

TEXAS SIZE IMPACT --- A Communications Facilitator in the Deaf Education Resources Department for the Houston Independent School District, Austin, Texas native Martesha Haynes also is the chief executive officer of the Houston-based Social Good In Action Incorporated. A non-profit organization that was established in 2009, Social Good In Action (or SGIA) is an up-and-coming community-based establishment in which its boats the primary vision of being dedicated to connecting with issues within the community, world and various causes that are in need to be noticed more than others.

TEXAS SIZE IMPACT �" A Communications Facilitator in the Deaf Education Resources Department for the Houston Independent School District, Austin, Texas native Martesha Haynes also is the chief executive officer of the Houston-based Social Good In Action Incorporated.
A non-profit organization that was established in 2009, Social Good In Action (or SGIA) is an up-and-coming community-based establishment in which its boats the primary vision of being dedicated to connecting with issues within the community, world and various causes that are in need to be noticed more than others.



 Make no mistake, upon crossing paths with Martesha C. Haynes for the very first time, amongst the lasting impressions one would grasp is that she undoubtedly is a woman with a vision.

A notable vision.

An exceptional vision.

A life-enhancing, extraordinary vision, one that, given her immeasurable track record as an educational professional, figures to change lives.

One person at a time, regardless of their race, creed, or color.

Tsh5An Austin, Texas native, Haynes is a former prep track and field standout who, to her credit, enjoyed an array of success as an athlete.

Today, unlike never before, the 37-year Haynes is running masterfully in the race called life, partaking in a figurative marathon that is so admirable and so meritorious, that this current Houston resident has become a fixture while functioning comfortably in her distinct element in Texas’ largest city.

YOU GO GIRL! --- SGIA has become popular in recent years, in large part because of its annual fashion shows and community concerts, particularly when the organization aspires to generate funding by way of fundraisings and other charitable events.

YOU GO GIRL! " SGIA has become popular in recent years, in large part because of its annual fashion shows and community concerts, particularly when the organization aspires to generate funding by way of fundraisings and other charitable events.

A Communications Facilitator in the Deaf Education Resources Department for the Houston Independent School District, Haynes also is the chief executive officer of the Houston-based Social Good In Action Incorporated.

A non-profit organization that was established in 2009 and is also ran by Haynes’ assistant, Rodney Lagard of Sir Savage Entertainment, Social Good In Action (or SGIA) is an up-and-coming community-based establishment in which its boats the primary vision of being dedicated to connecting with issues within the community, world and various causes that are in need to be noticed more than others. According to its website, SGIA also is geared largely toward assisting children with an assortment of disabilities, most notably autism, as well as members of their families who are coping with such incapacities.

esh7SGIA has become popular in recent years, in large part because of its annual fashion shows and community concerts, particularly when the organization aspires to generate funding by way of fundraisings and other charitable events.

Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee of the U.S. Representative for Texas’s 18th congressional district, for instance, is a devoted affiliate with SGIA, as is renowned and longtime Houstonian Freddie Jackson, Barbara Jordan Endeavors Founder Thelma Scott, and Houston Civil Rights activist Sandra Massie Hines.

Haynes has two daughters: A’lazhia Burrage (19) and A’liciah Burrage (13). 

FOLLOW SGIA ONLINE: www.socialgoodinaction.com.

Nearly seven years removed from its inception, Haynes seems confident that her notable organization will continue demonstrating to be the beacon of light it become in such a short time span.
“What I like most about my organization is that I am able to teach and assist students that are deaf or hearing impaired with learning disabilities,” Haynes told longtime journalist Andre Johnson during a recent interview. “Also, we go out into the community and provide food, clothes and hygiene items to men, women and children in shelters.”

According to Haynes, SGIA has evolved, in part, as a community-based ministry, of sorts, in that as God enlightens His children, He doesn’t show favoritism to anyone.

In other words, SGIA has become the loving, admirable beacon of light by which many have described it, in large part because, in essence, Haynes’ organization routinely welcomes the community with open arms.

SPREADING LOVE --- According to Haynes, SGIA has evolved, in part, as a community-based ministry, of sorts, in that as God enlightens His children, He doesn’t show favoritism to anyone. In other words, SGIA has become the loving, admirable beacon of light by which many have described it, in large part because, in essence, Haynes’ organization routinely welcomes the community with open arms.

SPREADING LOVE " According to Haynes, SGIA has evolved, in part, as a community-based ministry, of sorts, in that as God enlightens His children, He doesn’t show favoritism to anyone.
In other words, SGIA has become the loving, admirable beacon of light by which many have described it, in large part because, in essence, Haynes’ organization routinely welcomes the community with open arms.

Just as her mother, Sheila E. Mims, had steadfastly taught her as a child.

“I thank my mother for making me the strong woman I am today,” Haynes explained. “Now that I look back over my life I know that she was hard on me for a reason. Also, my grandmother " ‘R.I.P. Winnie M. Haynes’ " was always a loving and giving person. As a child growing up, I watched how she was with everyone, always giving and feeding everyone in the neighborhood. My aunts, Natalie Haynes, Diane McNeil, Khisha Johnson, cousins, Asheia Haynes, Da’Sha Haynes. My family is a big inspiration.”

All of which is why as big and as loving Haynes’ heart is, SGIA, too, has emerged as the progressive, thriving organization it has become in the Houston metropolitan area.

Generally, because Haynes is committed daily to esteeming others highly than her, it’s safe to assume that SGIA’s best and brightest days are well ahead of it.

CHASING GREATNESS ---Generally, because Haynes is committed daily to esteeming others highly than her, it’s safe to assume that SGIA’s best and brightest days are well ahead of it.

CHASING GREATNESS " Generally, because Haynes is committed daily to esteeming others highly than her, it’s safe to assume that SGIA’s best and brightest days are well ahead of it.

“People and children in this world go through a lot, and sometimes they need a little encouragement or inspiration to keep pushing forward,” Haynes said with such motivation and optimism.

That, after all, is no secret.

You can practically see it in her eyes.

For more information about Social Good In Action Incorporated, call 832-885-3468, or call its office at 1-801-657-3433. Also, send e-mail: [email protected], or send a personal e-mail to Martesha C. Haynes at [email protected].

© 2016 Martesha Haynes


Author's Note

Martesha Haynes
What do you think of my story?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
Added on March 16, 2016
Last Updated on March 16, 2016
Tags: stories, community, Life

Author

Martesha Haynes
Martesha Haynes

HOUSTON, TX



About
http://memphisport.com/2016/02/martesha-haynes-sgia-inc-has-become-a-beacon-of-light-in-houston-surrounding-areas/ more..