Too much to ask for?

Too much to ask for?

A Poem by Michael
"

Something that i used to have that i thought was everything but found out it meant nothing.

"

All I ever wanted was everything.

To do.

To see.

To touch.

No prices to pay, just everything.

Plain and simple.

But not really.

At first, ecstacy,

the biggest thrill of your life.

Then, things start t crumble.

You loose your true friends,

your outlook on life gets hazy.

All you care about is yourself and you begin to realize

It's lonely at the top.

And in having everything,

You realize that you have nothing.

© 2008 Michael


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was really enlightening.. You should write another about the Plague. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


thanks for all the good reviews! i get iffy about writing on here becuase it's scary to let everyone see how you feel and your emotions. but its good to have encouragement so i thank all of you!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow Michael I really like this. It gives people a different look at your personality than the way most people usually see you act and you are brutal honest with the harsh truth of life here. This can be interperted many different ways--which is really cool because it means more people will be able to relate to it. Plus you can relate this to every stage of life from popularity in HS to being a CEO of a huge company. Kudos. Sorry if that got too lengthy >.> I ramble with pieces I like a lot.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like the simplicity of the words and form. The pace picks up (more words per line) as you write about the "thrill of your life" and things starting to fall apart; this structure conveys the emotional highs and lows. Good job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Great flow...I loved it! So true many people think they want something or rather have to have it and once they get it there questioning why the wanted it in the first place. Pretty much never satisfied...cause there will always be new wants.

nice write! :)
elyssa

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 23, 2008

Author

Michael
Michael

Yukon, OK



About
I started as a shy kid with very few friends. I've always loved to write. I would have never imagine being in the situation i am now. I am class president and in student council. they are both very im.. more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..