Mad Joe

Mad Joe

A Story by Michael Logony
"

A story about values and emotions. It points out the need to control our minds so they cannot be abused. This story along with other information is located here:

"

Oh, another year passed and I’m still thankful for what happened to me. It all began when I was cutting down a tree. It was hot, and the waterfall glittered with many beautiful sparks. The scenery in Texas is wonderful. I was standing just below the tree when all of a sudden a great branch hit me to my head. I fell down to the ground. I was unconscious.

Few hours later three of my mates found me and woke me up. They bandaged my head and observed me for some time. I was unable to control my arms. The fingers were moving in a very strange way. After a while the arms were, indeed, listening to my commands. However, after a while they just wouldn’t be moving. Since that time, I was able to do many things like before, but never was able to cut down trees or do any hard work.

That’s not everything at all. I had strange dreams. I used to fall asleep during the day. The dreams were very weird. It was like I remembered everything around me �" the land, the people. Everyone looked red, bloody red. It was like a strange recollection. Few times I saw future things that happened the day after. However, since that time everybody called me Mad Joe.

A year ago a huge tornado came to the town and took lives of many people. It destroyed over thirty houses including my own. Since I’m an orphan and have no family at all, I had nobody to rebuild my house. I didn’t have many friends, and those that lived in the town were busy rebuilding their own houses, or helping somebody they preferred.

I could hardly control my arms. I was desperate. The thought of suicide flashed through my mind. I couldn’t do anything �" at least that’s what I thought. However, I decided not to give up. I started on my own. I purchased over fifty long beams. I started cutting them. But the arms were doing what they wanted to. It looked terrible. I was even more desperate and afraid. I sensed a lot of fear. My body was shaking, and eventually I fell asleep.

In the dream I could see a beautiful house. The red color went through it like a wind. I could see many colors. All of a sudden I sensed fear. The colors were shaking through the picture. I swear I saw a strange-looking creature. It didn’t look like anything I had seen before. I can’t even describe it. The creature, however, was coming closer, and I sensed more and more fear. It said: “Come to me, little fellow, we can join our lives. We’ll be one and do great things. Come with me.” My arms were reaching to the creature. I couldn’t control them. The fear almost took my life. The creature was just a few inches in front of me, and reached for me. At that moment, I yelled: “Go away, I decided to build my house. And I’ll do it!! Go away, you b*****d!” Now I didn’t sense any fear. I showed it my decision. I ripped the fear out of me. The creature stepped away. I yelled at it again. Finally, after few minutes, it disappeared. Now I could see the house again in full color, like it was real. I could swear the house told me: “You’ll make it, son. It needs some hard work, but you’ll make it.” Not even the house, but everything around me told me I could do it. Perhaps I’m right when I say it was God who was talking to me, encouraging me.

After I woke up I didn’t think about anything else but rebuilding my house. I took the saw and began. Nothing could stop me. When the arms didn’t listen I yelled at them to work. When I was falling asleep, I started to work even faster. In a few weeks my work was done. The house was beautiful, unique. Everyone wanted to see it. Since that time I was kind of admired and had more friends to talk to. I could go into the saloon and do no damage. The arms were listening to my every command. I haven’t even had any strange dream since then. I killed the creature inside of me. It can never come again. Now I live in my house and work as a bartender. I love it. I love my life. I got completely healed. And if the creature comes again, I’ll tell it to blow itself to hell.

© 2013 Michael Logony


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on December 27, 2013
Last Updated on December 27, 2013
Tags: personality, development, society, environment, disorder