My Lauren

My Lauren

A Story by Elizabeth Magenta Crisp
"

Aidan Hunter is in love with a girl named Lauren Castellano. Her best friend Sadie is in love with him. He plans to kill Lauren, but accidentally kills Sadie.

"

Chapter 1: Introduction

Aidan 

 

Lauren Castellano. The HOTTEST girl in school. Well, to me she is. Lauren is cute, funny, smart, chill, level headed, mature, everything I had ever wanted in a girl. Not only that, but Lauren is not like all those fake chicks.  

She has natural waist-length blonde hair, eyes the color of a clear river, a fair, rosy face that has 0 pimples or spots, and an angel smile that lights up any room. Not only that, but Lauren wears zero makeup. None, which makes it even better. If I was not so socially awkward, then I would go up to her and tell her how I feel, but it is just not possible, since she already has a boyfriend: Lucas Webb. 

 

Lucas Webb is the most popular guy in school. Captain of the football team, huge jock, rich lawyer father, hot model mom and ladies’ man, he is well known around the school. I don’t like him. I don’t know whether it’s his sandy-blonde hair that never moves or his porcelain-white teeth with no yellow stains, but I just don’t like him. I do not believe he is fit for a cool girl like Lauren, especially when the girls that fawn over him are usually Barbie Dolls.  

Another thing that I find repulsive is the fact that Lucas is a major d****e. Last year, he got Amber Avery pregnant and eventually dumped her when she refused to abort the baby. He also dated Ursula Phillips, who is captain of the cheerleading team and cheated on her with several girls. I am not the type to spread gossip, but I heard that he was also physically and emotionally abusive towards her, which is not something I want happening to my Lauren. I wish she would see that dating a fool like Lucas is a ticket to a broken heart. Besides, what does she find attractive about him? His lack of a brain? His so-called charisma? His “good looks” in which he probably took drugs to make happen? I highly doubt it, which is why I have a plan to make her mine. 

 

 

Sadie 

 

Aidan Hunter is the boy of my dreams. The one I think about when things get funny down there, the one that I hope to marry. The weird part: I have no idea why I love him.  

 

He’s usually that weird kid that always sits by himself, writing in that little red journal of his. He also wears a dark blue hoodie that covers his long, shaggy brown hair, dark jeans that usually have many holes and food stains, and raggedy brown beat-up boots with soles that look like they’re about to fall off. People have many theories about what he writes in there, like a plan to shoot up the school or edgy emo poems, but either way everyone agrees that he is the weirdest kid at our school. They also say that he might have a crush on my best friend Lauren, which I've got to admit makes me feel jealous. If you were to compare my short, messy, frizzy bird’s nest of a bob to Lauren’s soft, silky, smooth blonde waves, who do you think would win? Exactly. She might be my best friend, and mom did teach me about being grateful, but I want to be like her. I wish I had her long locks, popularity, charm, and Aidan wrapped around my finger.  

 

Ever since we became friends in preschool, I’ve been noticing that people have been giving her constant praise and attention. Lauren always knows how to garner attention, whether it’s her grades, skills, or all the boys that she’s gone out with. Whenever I try to show them I can do better, Lauren always beats me to it. You might find me to be a tiny bit petty, but when it comes to winning his heart, I will do just about anything. Aidan Hunter will be my boyfriend, no matter what.


  Chapter 2: Talking to Lauren.


Aidan


I think I am ready to walk up to her. I’ve rummaged through my closet, picked my best shoes, and for once I’ve combed my messy mop of hair and tied it into a low ponytail. I also shaved my stubble. I am finally ready to claim my prize. I am nervous, but hopefully I’ll do good enough to see her dump that pretty boy and come running into my arms! Once that happens, I will no longer be mocked, ridiculed, made fun of, or bullied.

 

When I finally arrived at school, I locked my slightly rusty bike and entered the building. As I walked past the hordes of students, I could feel everyone’s eyes glued on me. For once, it is not about how I look like I am homeless or how someday I’ll walk in with an AK-47. They might think I’m crazy, but when I snag the girl of my dreams, the joke will be on them.  

 

When I finally approached my target, instead of seeing my future girlfriend’s beautiful smile, I could see her crying. Tears were flowing down her cheeks like a waterfall, her hair looked messy and tangled, and I could see the pure look of misery and sadness in her eyes. It hurt to see my angel act like that. Whoever hurt her shall suffer!  

As I walked past them, I could feel her friends checking me out, but I could care less. My heart is for Lauren. I shoved my way past them, getting closer to her as her friends objected.

 

“Um, who are you?” one of her friends asked, but I ignored her. I grabbed the girl hugging her, pulling her away. Replacing her, I embraced Lauren, noticing how she smelled like strawberries and how her hair still felt soft despite being a hot mess. I looked up at her friends, who were all staring at me with disgust and confusion, except for Sadie Wilder, who was checking out my outfit. 

 

“What happened, who did this to her?” I asked. 

 

“Why should we tell you?” said Ruby Jennings, narrowing her eyes at me. 

 I rolled my eyes. Sadie came up looking quite excited. She told me about how at a party that was thrown this weekend, Lauren caught the jerk cheating on her with some fake, plastic doll. The two were making out in his Ferrari, and when she came out looking for him, she found them there.  

 

I continued to stroke her hair and hold her against my chest as her friends stared at me coldly. 

“Hey, I’m supposed to be her moral support!” The girl I pushed out of the way whined.  

“You’re not even in the group. Who are you?” Another girl pointed out. I gave her an annoyed look. Yes, they have a point about me being a complete stranger to Lauren, but I know deep down that these garden tools were waiting for an opportunity like this to happen. 

I caressed Lauren until she finally looked up at me with those adorable eyes and smiled sadly. She let go of me, apologizing for messing up my clothes. Since these were Lauren’s tears soaking my shirt, it didn’t really matter to me. 

I expected her to just thank me and walk away, but instead she introduced herself and invited me to sit with her and her friends. Ruby tried to object, saying that she knew nothing about me, but Lauren, being the saint that she is, said that there is always time to get to know a person. Sometimes I wonder how she puts up with a fake, nasty bore like Ruby, considering the fact that she is mean, manipulative, nasty, and judgmental, while Lauren is the opposite. She thanked me for letting her “cry on my shoulder”, and walked away with her friends to class. 

That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you get your crush to notice you: just let her soak you with her tears and she will think you’re super cool. 

 

 

 

 

 

Sadie 

 

Oh my god, Aidan will be sitting with us at lunch today! I never knew that this day would actually come. There are some concerns though. I’ve had a crush on him since 2nd grade, and I have been waiting for a moment like this to happen. If I let Lauren grab him first, then I will only regret it later on when they get married. I must not let this opportunity go to waste!  

 

Before lunch, I took my brush and comb out of my backpack and asked to go to the bathroom. We’re allowed to take our purses just in case “it’s that time of month”, so I took my brown Louis Vuitton handbag with me. When I arrived, I took out all my supplies: my brush, comb and a few hair accessories.  

 

I picked up my comb and put it through my messy bob, making sure to get rid of all the tangles. It took me about 15 minutes, since I never really did do a good job at taking care of the nest. When I finished, I took my brush, gently stroking my now-smooth brown bob. It feels soft and silky. I picked up a butterfly clip, questioning whether Aidan would like it or not. I want to be his good girl, his queen, but I do not want to look like a little girl. I shoved the clip back into my purse, reminding myself to get rid of them as soon as possible. 

When I finished my handiwork, I looked into the mirror and smiled. Instead of seeing the meek, shy, and naïve Sadie that everyone liked to take advantage of, I saw the confident, brave, and graceful Sadie, the one that is determined to become Aidan’s girlfriend. 

 

Chapter 3: Lunchtime 

 

Aidan 

 

Finally, after eagerly waiting in Gym, English, and Science, it is FINALLY happening. My date with Lauren ft. her annoying and useless friends. I know it does not technically count as a date, but it might as well be, since I’ve been waiting for this day to come since I first laid my eyes on her. Back in 1st grade, that is.  

 

As I made my way to the cafeteria, I ended up bumping into Sadie, who seems to have finally brushed the tangled mess she calls her hair.  

 

“Oh, h-hey Aidan” She stuttered, her cheeks turning bright red. Girls, am I right?

 

I let out a huge sigh, hoping she would go away, but she didn't. I looked forward, ignoring her as she went on and on about how she’s glad that I am sitting with her and her friends and all that jazz. 

The weirdest part is that she looks at me straight in the eyes with a look of…..fascination. I know I’m attractive now, but she just looks so creepy when she looks at me like that. Ruby and the other girls might be rude and all, but at least they’re not creepy like Sadie. 

Luckily, we made it into the cafeteria. I was about to go to my Table of Loneliness, but remembering the 'date' made me break out into a huge smile. I no longer had to sit there. No more food being thrown at me, no more name-calling. For once I actually got to sit with people, even if half of them were nasty thots, one of them is a creep, and one of them is really pretty and nice. I gladly let Sadie lead me to the table where the popular girls sat. Ruby and the other girl gave me unwelcoming glares, but Lauren gave me a welcoming smile, which almost made me fall over.  

 

“Hey Aidan,” Lauren greeted, signaling for me to sit down next to her. Ruby whispered something to one of the clones, but I ignored them. I am not going to let a bunch of plastic dolls get to me like that. This is my chance to shine, an opportunity for me to get to know Lauren.  

 

As we got into a conversation, I got to know her a little bit, like how her favorite color is green, she likes to sing and dance, her favorite animal is a giraffe, etc. I often heard Ruby or any of the other thots whisper nasty remarks or ask me questions in smug tones, but I ignored them. This was about Lauren and me. If they had something to say to me, they could say it to my face.  

 

However, as I started to tell Lauren a little bit about myself, Lucas came over. He pushed Sadie out of her seat, which was on Lauren’s right, and tried to start a conversation with her, talking about how he was ready to start over and continue the relationship, which disgusted me.  

He cheated on her a few days ago, and now he’s ready to start over? Who does he think he is? I interrupted, pointing out that he cheated on her a few days ago. Lucas' icy stare bored into my skull. He stood up and walked right over to me, getting up in my face. He is tall, about 6’4 to my 5’8, but I am not afraid of this bum. If he wants a fight, then I’ll give it to him. 

 

“What makes YOU think that you can decide that for Lauren. She’s my girlfriend, not yours pal,” Lucas spat, getting some saliva on my face.  

 

“I’m just saying that you were the one that chose to cheat on her with some airhead and now you’re coming back only two days later? That’s not how it works. If you really loved her, then you wouldn’t have done what you did. Also, she’s your ex-girlfriend. Stop thinking you can make decisions for her,” I said, a hint of smugness creeping in my voice.  

However, before he could start beating me, Sadie interrupted. 

 

“HEY! GET OUT OF MY SEAT!” she shouted, her nasally voice echoing the room.  

Everyone started staring at us, either by Lucas getting in my face, or Sadie shouting at him. Lucas turned around and spat in her eye. 

Lauren got up, standing in front of me. 

“Lucas, get out of here. You are making a scene.” She pleaded, but he ignored her, shoving her out of the way. 

 

“You think you know what she wants, do ya punk. Well let me tell you something. You are nothing but a whiny incel looking to snatch Lauren off her feet. I could see it in your eyes back when we were dating. You were just waiting for an opportunity like this to happen just so you could take my girl,” Lucas sneered.  

He turned back to Lauren with puppy eyes. 

 

“Lauren, what Mackenzie and I did that weekend was a big mistake. I still want to be with you,” Lucas said, a “genuine” look of remorse in his eyes. Lauren looked at him with disgust. She raised up her hand and slapped him straight in the face, leaving a visible red mark there, since he’s whiter than the sand on our beaches. She picked up her tray and walked away as tears started to form in Lucas’ eyes. I decided to follow her just to make sure she’s okay. 

 

When I found Lauren, she was in the bathroom with tears flowing from her eyes. She looked up at me, her bloodshot eyes looking at me with confusion. 

 

“Aidan, this is the girls’ bathroom. Why are you here?” She asked, wiping her tears away.  

I sat down next to her, watching her as she tried to keep it together. 

“I can’t believe he would try to take me back after breaking my heart. What kind of girl does he take me for? I mean, I am not stupid. I can see right through him,” Lauren said.  

 

I listened in as she told the story about how her and Lucas met, but after that I just dozed off. All I care about is getting to know Lauren before asking her out. I was thinking that maybe I could hang around for about 2-3 weeks before “popping the question”. Hopefully no other guy shows up and gets in my way. I want everything to be perfect. 

After Lauren finished telling the story, she managed to calm down and clean herself up. Despite the bloodshot eyes and slightly-runny nose, Lauren still looks like the most beautiful girl in my eyes. They say you look ugly when you cry, but she is an exception.  

When she’s done cleaning up, we both left. But as we were leaving, I could see Lucas standing across from us with a lit cigarette in his hand, smoke coming out of his mouth like a building that is on fire. Lauren ignores him, while I give a smug look of pride, which sets him off. 

 

“GIVE ME THAT LOOK ONE MORE TIME PUNK! TRUST ME, I WILL FIND YOU AND WHEN I DO, YOU’LL BE WISHING YOU WERE NEVER BORN!” He shouted at the top of his lungs. 

Lauren turns around, annoyed that he’s still coming at me. 

“Lucas, knock it off and leave him alone!” She cried.  

Grabbing my arm, she pulled me away as Lucas shouted more obscenities. For once in my life, I felt like a knight that just slaughtered a beast and saved the beautiful princess: my Lauren. 

 

 

Sadie 

God, Lucas is such a jerk! Not only did he steal my seat and spit in my eye, he ruined my chances of talking to Aidan! Ugh! Even worse, he and Lauren were probably making out in there, because they never came back. (Sigh!) Tomorrow he’ll be sitting with us again, so I can’t let her take him away from me, like she did with Daniel Arriaga in kindergarten. Lauren might be my best friend, but I will not just stand around and watch as she takes the boy, no scratch that, man of my dreams. Watch out Lauren Castellano, I am always watching 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 4: Heartbroken


Three Weeks later…… 

 

Aidan 

Okay, I think I am finally ready to ask her out. The last few weeks have been pretty good. Lauren and I exchanged numbers, and we’ve been talking and hanging out. I even took her on a “date” to the carnival. The only downfalls are  that Ruby and the other girls don’t like me, and Lucas and his gang have been following me around and threatening me numerous times. They even had the audacity to jump me when I’d walk home to the point where I started to take the bus to and from school. Despite that, they still continue to harass me at school.  

The latest incident was when he came over to talk to Lauren and “accidentally” spilled soda on my jacket. Lucas better watch his back. Otherwise, I will strike and he won’t even know it. He still must be butt hurt from when Lauren rejected him 3 weeks ago. What a loser. 

On the next day I come to school holding a bouquet of flowers, a box of chocolates, and a teddy bear. I never really liked anything remotely lovey-dovey, but since I’m trying to win her over, this should help. 

I lock my bike again, picking up the cute little bag with all the stuff in it and walking inside. Like the first time, I could feel student’s eyes glued on me as I walked by, probably checking out my outfit and all the stuff in my hand. 

“Hey Romeo, nice outfit!” I heard a student yell, but I ignored them. I looked around, hoping to find Lauren somewhere around, but she was nowhere to be seen. Instead, Ruby and her clones are standing in a huge group near her locker, snickering and pointing at my outfit. I walked up to them, determined to find my soon-to-be.  

 

“Hey ladies, have you seen Lauren,” I sneered. Ruby glared at me, while the other girls looked at me with admiration. 

 

“Unfortunately no. But you can hang out with us if you want Aidan,” One of the clones offered. I rolled my eyes and walked past them.  

As I looked for Lauren, I could see Lucas’ gang staring directly at me with smug looks, which makes me slightly suspicious considering the fact that he is not with them. I walked right over to them, hoping to get info on where she might be. 

“Where is Lauren?” I asked them as soon as I got to them.  

 

“We don’t know, but we got a question for you. Why are you dressed like that? You look ugly in that suit,” One of them said. 

 

“Thanks, I was trying to look like you,” I said with a smirk. 

He looked like he was ready to punch me, but instead he backed away as if he was intimidated or something, which made the situation a tiny bit better.  

“Listen wise guy, we don’t know where your girlfriend is, but can you do us a favor and go away?”  

 

“Not until you tell me where she is. Also, where’s Lucas?”  

 

“God, just go away already. We don’t know where Lauren or Lucas is, so just leave us alone,” The one I insulted said.  

 

I scowled and walked away as I heard them laughing behind me. If they don’t know where Lauren is, then I’ll just have to find her myself. I heard the bell ring, but I ignored it. My main focus was not to get to class, but to find my soon-to-be.  

As I walked through many different classrooms, I heard the click-clack or someone’s high heels. I turned around to see Sadie Wilder in a tight little black dress, huge amounts of makeup, her hair looking longer (probably hair extensions), and ugly-looking high heels. She looked like she’s ready for a date rather than for school. She flashed a big smile, showing off her butt-ugly braces.  

“Um, h-hey Aidan. Never thought I’d be bumping into you,” She said, twisting the ring on her finger. I rolled my eyes and just kept walking, but Sadie somehow managed to catch up despite wearing heels, suddenly ending up right next to me. 

 

Sadie 

 

Out of all the places Aidan and I could have been alone, I never expected for it to be here in the halls during class time. If I had a camera, then I would take a picture of him right now. I don’t like the new style, but he’s still my Aidan.  

 

However, he ruined the moment by asking about Lauren. Apparently he wants to know where she is. As much as I love him, I find his obsession with my best friend to be a tad bit creepy. It’s like she’s the only thing he ever talks about. Lauren this, Lauren that. “Hey Sadie, where’s your best friend Lauren?” God, it’s driving me up a wall. Can’t he talk about something else, like how he wants me to be his wife or something? Why does it always have to be about her?  

Despite my great annoyance, I did something that was going to make me hate myself for the rest of my life: I lied to him, saying that I did know where she was when I didn't. I tell him that she’s in the bathroom applying makeup, which makes him very excited.  

“Okay, thank you!” he said, but he isn’t getting rid of me that easily. I want to make every moment last, so I follow him despite his objections. Hopefully Lauren isn’t actually in there so I can have some “alone time” with him. Am I not a genius or what? I knew this outfit would be useful for this special occasion. 

 



Aidan 

 

Oh great, I should’ve asked someone else to help me find Lauren, but who else would know other than Sadie? Those two are like peas in a pod.  

When Sadie and I got to the girl’s bathroom, I slowly opened the door, walking in to hear the sound of moaning. I walked over to the stall and kicked down the door with all my might to see Lauren and Lucas completely naked. I dropped everything, including the expensive vase that I put the roses in. My jaw dropped completely as I watched the two lovebirds gather their clothes.  

 

“Aidan, Sadie, it’s not what it looks like. Lucas happened to give me an offer I couldn’t refuse. I’m sorry,” Lauren apologized. 

 

“You’re damn right he gave you an offer,” I mumbled, warm tears trickling down my face as my vision became blurry.  

As I turned to leave, I saw another bouquet of flowers and an even bigger teddy looking back at me. Not only that, but there was a note in the bear’s lap. Here’s what it said:

 

Lauren, 

I am deeply sorry for the mistake I made. I realize that what I did was wrong, and I never want to hurt you like that again. I hope you can accept my apology and take these lovely gifts. I love you more than anything else in the entire universe. 

Love, Lucas 

 

I crumpled up the note and threw it at the wenches, then I picked up the fat bear and ripped in two as if it was a piece of paper. Finally, I picked up the bouquet and started pulling off the petals, not caring that the thorns were impaling my hands. Once I was done, I shoved Sadie out of the way and left, slamming the door behind me. 

 

 

 Sadie 

 

Wow, I have never seen Aidan look so upset before. Even worse, it’s over LAUREN. 

I’ve seen Aidan look annoyed, angry, even happy of all emotions, but I’ve never seen such a look of grief on his face. His face looked like a crumpled piece of paper that was spit on.  

 

I guess seeing the “love of his life” doing it with another guy in the girl’s bathroom didn’t sit well with him, because he DESTROYED the gifts Lucas picked out for Lauren, especially the teddy bear, which looks like it was sliced with a sword rather than a sophomore's bare hands. But, there is some light to be shone on the situation. Not only do I get to keep the bear that was intended for Lauren and eat the undamaged box of chocolates, but now that Aidan has seen Lauren have *** with Lucas, that means that I don’t have to worry about Lauren being my competition. He’s all mine! 

Now, I know that sounds greedy and selfish, but after seeing what Lauren did to Lucas, that means that Aidan will finally get over her and want to be with me! Isn’t that wonderful? But then I realized: if I don’t make a move fast, then Aidan will probably find another girl to love, like Ruby Jennings or another dumb #-* in our group. I couldn’t let that happen, so I grabbed my things and ran out of the girl’s bathroom, not even bothering to look back at the dirty sinners.  

When I got out to the halls, I frantically looked around to see if Aidan would be out there. Unfortunately, he was gone, making my hopes go down just like my grades. He was gone, but hopefully I will be able to catch up with him at lunch. Still disappointed though, I walked to my class, hoping the teacher accepts my excuse for why I was late. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 5: Aidan vs Lucas (and Sadie)

Aidan 

When lunchtime rolled around, I didn't even bother going to Lauren’s table. Instead, I went back to The Table of Loneliness which was surprisingly vacant. I sat down, taking out my journal and opening up to a new page. 

“Aidan! Over here!” I heard Lauren call, but I ignored her, since I know now that Lauren is just like the rest of them: a sad, pathetic $!_+.  

I hear her trying to call me again, but once again I ignore her, taking out my lunch instead. It’s just so sad that I wasted almost 10 years of my life fantasizing about my life with Lauren. I imagined picnics, kissing sessions, our wedding, even the names of our kids. I was thinking of names like Layla or Ash, but I might as well throw away the long list I spent the last 10 years working on. In fact, I might as well burn my journal, since it’s full of fantasies, sketches, and drawings of the girl I once loved. But that would be too cruel, especially since I need it to plot my revenge. That’s right. Instead of thinking about our ship names, I will be plotting the fall of Lauren Castellano, because if I can’t have her, then neither can Lucas or any other guy that might date her in the future. I will have to think this over in my own time though, since she was coming over.  

 

Lauren sat down next to me, looking at me with…love in her eyes. She put her hand on my lap, making my #### dance a little. But then I remember her betrayal, making me brush her hand away. 

“Hey Aidan,” Lauren said softly. “You look lonely. Why don’t you come sit with us?” 

I shook my head violently, looking down at my sad sandwich and cold, uneaten carrots. 

Lauren sighed, continuing to touch and rub my leg as I pushed away each time. Finally, she spoke again, except with a desperate tone.

“Aidan, why are you acting like this? What did I do to you?” she asked, pain starting to creep in her voice. 

Despite her betraying me, she’s acting as if she’s the victim, even though I caught her getting it on with Lucas in a bathroom stall! Having enough of her, I stood up from my seat, clutching my journal. I was getting ready to walk away, but then he came to the table with a huge grin. He wrapped his arm around Lauren, giving her a kiss on the forehead. 

“Hey Aidan, long time no see. I was just wondering how you were holding up since you caught Lauren and I getting frisky in the bathroom stall,” he said, pulling on my cheek. 

I tried to slap his hand away, but he proved to be stronger. He grabbed on to my collar, pulling me up as if I weighed less than 5 pounds.  

“Well look who’s struggling. Aidan here thought that he could take my girl away. Looks like his fragile ego can’t take the fact that she’s mine again. Oh well” he boomed, his voice managing to be louder than anyone else’s.  

Everyone turned around, staring at me as Lucas held me up in the air like a trophy. Suddenly, Sadie came up to him, getting ready to make the situation worse than it already is. 

 

 

Sadie 

 

I can’t believe that Lauren actually took this loser back. Yeah, that now means that I can pursue Aidan, but she deserves better. I love him more than anything, and I just can’t stand to see him being treated like that, especially by my best friend’s boyfriend. So I decided to walk up to him and give him a piece of my mind. I tapped his back, since I’m about 5’4 and I couldn’t reach his shoulder. When he turned around and saw me, he looked down on me as if I was an ant. He wrinkled his nose in disgust at the sight of me. 

“What do you want, Stacy?” he asked, getting my name wrong AGAIN. 

“First of all, it’s Sadie. Second of all, I would like for you to do me a favor and let him go,” I said, making sure to sound as serious as possible.  

Lucas laughed in my face, still holding Aidan up like a trophy. When I repeated what I just said, he got all up in my face, just like in kindergarten when he would trash my bike, wreck my sandcastle, or pull off the heads of my Barbie dolls. Those were dark times.

 

“Listen up, Sally. Why don’t you do me a favor and beat it. You are nothing but an obstacle, okay? Also, drop that hero-act while you’re at it. We all know you want to be just like my girlfriend. But guess what? You are nothing but an attention w***e. You’re ugly and s****y, just like all the others,” Lucas sneered, spitting in my eye again.  

 

As the crowd started to erupt in laughter, I could feel my cheeks turning red and tears forming in my eyes. Unfortunately, Lucas was right. 

I just wanted to prove to Aidan that I could be just as good as Lauren, it really does prove one thing: that Aidan doesn’t love me. Nobody does. My parents overlook me for my older sister, Megan, all the boys that I crushed on over the years would reject me because I was never “pretty enough”, and now the boy who’s been tormenting me since childhood is actually proving a point: I genuinely love Aidan, but over the years I’ve been trying too hard to be like Lauren just to get attention from him. I’ve been too busy trying to get attention from Aidan that I forgot all the reasons why Lauren gets attention from boys (other than her looks, of course): she’s smart, charming, friendly, and talented. 

 

I looked down at the tight dress and high heels that I stole from my mother’s closet and realized that what I was trying to do was not working. I wasn’t getting anyone’s attention. Not even Aidan seemed to notice my outfit when he was trying to look for Lauren. I realized then and there that I would never be like her. She and the other girls would always be prettier than me. I would always be Lauren’s shadow, and the fact that it took this long for me to realize that was pathetic. 

Realizing my mistake, I pulled out my extensions and took off my high heels. I removed the fake eyelashes and smeared the makeup I applied right before lunch. I even pulled off the earrings Ruby let me borrow and threw them all on the ground. Before I left, I spat straight in Lucas’ eyes and threw my eyelashes at him, giving him an evil, triumphant smile as I walked off, feeling more confident than I ever felt in my entire life. 

 

 

Aidan 

Okay, I didn’t really understand what Sadie just did, but by the look on Lucas’ face and the reaction of everybody else, it was pretty weird. I knew that girl had problems, but geez. How long did it take for her to apply all that, and since when did she have fake eyelashes and hoop earrings? I don’t remember her having those on when I saw her this morning. 

 

Anyways, Lucas gave me a sadistic grin as he started to tighten his grip around my neck, probably ready to break it. Instead of ending it all, though, he threw me to the ground, looking at me with great satisfaction as I coiled my body in pain. He spat on me, turning back to his table as Lauren came to my aid. 

 

“Aidan, are you okay?” she asked with a worried look. 

 

“Don’t talk to me or touch me,” I hissed, struggling to get back on my feet. 

Despite everything, I will never forget Lauren’s unforgivable sin. As I turned to leave, Lauren grabbed my arm. I turned around, seeing the desperate look in her eyes. 

 

“Aidan, why are you hurting me like this? I never did anything to you! Please, tell me what I did and I’ll do whatever I can to make it up to you,” She begged. I grinned, knowing that now was the chance to show her how I really felt. 

 

“God, you are so clueless. I had a crush on you Lauren, ever since I first laid my eyes on you in the 1st grade. If you weren’t so caught up with Lucas, then I could’ve had a chance with you. I didn’t think that you’d turn out to be like the rest of these garden tools. Now that I know who you really are, I just don’t think that we can be friends anymore. I’m sorry,” I told her, watching as she started to cry. I was wrong. She does look ugly when she cries. 

I pulled her close to me, and for the first time since I started hanging out with her, I kissed her. I could feel her squirming and trying to push away, but I firmly pulled her in. Her lips felt soft and I genuinely think she’s a good kisser.

 

After a while, I let go and met the eyes of every shocked student in the cafeteria, including Lucas. I stared into his eyes, seeing horror and disgust. I smiled in satisfaction, and with the turn of my heel, I walked away, feeling proud of myself. 

 

“Jerk!” I heard Ruby shout, but I ignored her. Besides, what does she know? She’s just a garden tool. 


Later.....

 

As soon as I got home, I kicked off my shoes and ran upstairs to my room, closing the door after me. When I got to my bed, I took out my notebook. As punishment for kissing Lucas behind my back, I will plot my revenge against Lauren. 

I opened up a new page, and on the top, I write My Revenge on Lauren. For the next 10 minutes, I wrote death methods like shooting or stabbing, but those are too predictable. I want something that will really make her suffer. I want her dead.  

After thinking for a few minutes, I finally managed to come up with a plan AND a method:  

 

On the next day at school, I will go up to one of Lauren’s friends (not Ruby) and ask for her address. Once I get the info I need, I will start assembling a bomb. Once I’m done assembling and packing it, I will go over to her house, leave it on her porch, and watch as it blows her head off! Once I witness her brutal death, I will leave the scene, go home, and kill myself so she and I can be together. FOREVER. That’s my plan. 

I am aware that I might cause harm to others in doing so, but this is simply for her own good. I have waited almost 10 years to be with her, and now that she has broken my heart, I not only want to punish her, but I want Lucas to suffer heartbreak. Just like I did. 

 

 

Chapter 6: Getting the Address

Sadie 

When I walked into school, instead of wearing a tight skirt, makeup, or stylish shoes, I came in looking like a normal student wearing normal clothes at a normal school. I wore my ripped jeans, my favorite red hoodie, and put my short bob into two cute little pigtails. The signature Sadie style. 

After leaving the cafeteria yesterday, I realized that I didn’t need to dress beautifully to get Aidan’s attention. All I needed to do was be myself. Okay, I know that’s a generic message, but I’m sick of trying to be like Lauren. I’ve got other ways to make him mine. 

As I weaved my way through all those students, I could see Aidan walking. In my direction! After weeks of dressing in those unflattering dress shirts, he's finally back to wearing that cute hoodie and dirty jeans. I looked down at my hoodie and smiled. I knew it was a good idea to wear it when I was picking out my clothes this morning! 

 

“Um, hey Sadie” Aidan greeted, making my heart flutter. When he speaks, I imagine a choir of angels in pretty, white robes, singing as the pearly gates open. Despite agreeing to stop trying to be like Lauren, I smiled my prettiest smile, twirling my hair and batting my eyelids, a trick I learned from Megan. 

 

“Oh, hey Aidan,” I said. I am never going back to the makeup, eyelashes, and the dresses, but I will still do just about anything to get Aidan to notice me (the Sadie way of course). 

 

 

 

 

Aidan 

Sadie is annoying, and I don’t like being around her, but since her and Lauren are best friends, I would think that she’d know where she lives. Besides, I am not putting up with Ruby or any of her clones. Sadie is crazy, but she’s way nicer and more natural than Lauren and the other girls. Not that I like her or anything. Also, I’m glad that she dropped the s****y skirt, makeup, ugly eyelashes, and funny-looking heels. She’s still ugly either way, but at least she looks natural again. 

 

I try to smile back, but I just can’t help but notice those braces. They look a bit crooked resting on her teeth like that, and I can see yellow stains in between, but in order for this plan to work I need to stay on her good side, even if it is difficult. 

 

 

 

Sadie 

 

“Hey Sadie, since you and Lauren are best friends, Do you think you can tell me where she lives?” He asked.  

 

I smiled a big, wicked smile. Of course I know where my best friend lives, but why should I tell him? Why does he need to know where she lives? Out of everyone in the group, why did he ask me? I need to know a little more before I can think of a plan to stop him. 

“Um, why do you need to know?” 

 

“I’m planning on giving her a gift, and in order to do that I need to know where she lives,” 

 

Aha! I knew he would try other ways to win Lauren’s heart, but I can’t let him, so instead of telling him her address, I’m going to lie to him again and give him mine instead. 

“Oh that’s easy. 2125 Rose Avenue,” I tell him. I feel a bit guilty about it, but I want to see what gifts he’s sending so that I can give him “advice” on what Lauren “actually” wants. Soon enough, he’ll be sending me gifts and he won’t even know it! I am an evil genius! 

“Thanks Sadie. I totally owe you one,” He said as he walked away. Sadie Wilder, you are a true evil genius. 

 

Aidan 

I knew that girl was nuts, but I didn’t think she was stupid. She just gave me Lauren’s address and she never even realized it. Now all I have to do is assemble the device, make sure to wrap it carefully, and then send it to her. When I get home, I’m going to start working on it so I can send it to her this weekend. By Monday, Lauren should be dead, and I shall have my revenge. 



Chapter 7: Sending the Package 

A few days later 

 

I am now ready to send it to her. I have already wrapped the package, so now I can send it to her house. My parents are at work, so I don’t have to worry about them right now.  

I know this is wrong, but this is the only way to feed my need for revenge. Lauren has done me wrong, and now it’s time for her to pay the ultimate price.  

I hope this plan works. She might have hurt me badly, but I want her all to myself, and this plan is the way to do it 

 

 

 

 

 

Sadie 

It’s been days since I lied to Aidan, and I must admit that I do feel bad for stealing Lauren’s gifts. She’s my best friend, and it’s wrong to steal from your best friend. But I just want to feel affection from a real boy. It might not be genuine, but it will make me feel better about myself. 

 

I wonder what he’s going to send? My favorite gemstone is a sapphire, and I do like jewelry, so maybe he’s sending that. Even better, Lauren likes sapphire too. If he is not sending jewelry though, maybe the gift is a dress or some nice jeans. Maybe he will keep it simple and write me a poem. Whatever it is, I know that I’ll like it, because he’s Aidan. My Aidan.  

 

Oh boy, I just heard the doorbell! He must be here with my gift! I smooth my skirt down a bit, straighten my hair, and run downstairs. I look out to see him quickly ride away, but that’s okay because if he were to see me, he would know that I lied to him and would never want to talk to me again.  

As soon as I see him leave, I grab the package, which is a tiny bit heavy, but I manage to get it off the ground. I carry it inside, excited to see what he picked out for me. 

 

 

 

Chapter 8: Remorse


Aidan 

As I rode away from her house, I could feel my heart beating out of my chest and my legs starting to cramp from them going so fast. Sweat was dripping from my forehead, making my hair and clothes a little soggy. I cannot believe I just sent a package to Lauren’s house! I know I should’ve stayed to see it all go down, but that would draw too much suspicion. 

 

I was losing my breath and my legs were getting tired, so I slowed down a bit. I imagined Lauren opening the box, happy to know that I was no longer mad at her. I could imagine her last moments as the bomb tore her apart, feeling nothing but pain and betrayal. I then realize that I not only committed murder; I probably caused some serious damage to that house. 

 

During the get-to-know-each-other stage, I remembered her mentioning three younger siblings, one older sibling, and a single mom (her dad abandoned the family when she was about 5). Imagine the hurt I probably caused by killing her. I could also imagine the other lives that probably ended, since the bomb I packed is capable of causing some serious damage. The more I think about it, the more I realize that I only made things worse. 

The plan was perfectly carried out, but I don’t feel any satisfaction, just guilt. I’m just glad that I won’t be here to see the aftermath of what I have done, since I would rather be dead than see the pain I inflicted. 

 

As I started to get closer to my street, I started to think about what I would say to Lauren once I got Home. I’d comfort her and apologize for causing her all this pain by separating her from the ones she loved the most. I hated her friends and all, but I feel bad for them as well. She was well liked and respected by the entire school. No one ever trash-talked or treated her terribly. Even Lucas seemed to respect her despite him “cheating”.  

 

Speaking of Lucas, I owe him an apology. He was right. I AM nothing but a whiny incel looking to snatch Lauren off her feet. I WAS just waiting for an opportunity to take her away.  

That is why went to that party, tricked Lucas into getting drunk by participating in a drinking contest, and lying to Mackenzie Ridge by telling her that Lucas wanted her to meet him outside so they could “get to know each other better”. I am nothing but a lying, manipulative coward that never deserved Lauren in the first place. I should have never wormed my way into her life, because if I didn’t then no one would have gotten hurt. Now look where that got me. 

 

As soon as I got home, I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote a page-long suicide note explaining why I was ending it all. I confessed all the bad things that I had ever done, and apologized to all the people to whom I have inflicted pain on. I wrote that I am making things better by getting rid of myself in this cruel, unforgiving, world. I told my parents that I loved them and that I was doing the right thing.  

 

Once I signed my name, I ran into my parent’s room and retrieved my dad’s handgun, which he hid underneath a bunch of boxes in his closet. 

After I put the note on their bed, I went outside, looking back at the house I grew up in one last time. Goodbye mom and dad, goodbye to all the people who made my life miserable, goodbye Rose Creek High School, and most importantly, goodbye Lauren. I will see you very soon. 




Obituary

 

 Sadie Anne Wilder, 15, of Rose Creek,Florida, passed away on Saturday, April 13th, 2019.  

She was born in Rose Creek on May 25th, 2003 to Rebecca and Jacob Wilder, where she lived until the day she passed. From the day she was born to the day she was taken away, Sadie spread joy and happiness to all who knew her. She was kind, optimistic, friendly, energetic, helpful and so full of life. She loved dancing, fashion, singing, basketball, painting, cooking, shopping, and hanging out with her friends. At the time of her death, Sadie attended Rose Creek High School. 

She is survived by her mother, father, older sister Megan, grandparents, aunt, uncle, and many others. She will be forever missed. 

Funeral service will be on April 23rd, 2019, where people can come and pay their respects. 


 

© 2020 Elizabeth Magenta Crisp


Author's Note

Elizabeth Magenta Crisp
I need advice on this story. I want to know whether it's good or bad. Is it badly written? Is the dialogue good? What can I do to make it better?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I would suggest parsing it out into smaller bits - least for here. the length as one cogent piece becomes daunting... a little more line space would help to...drafts need room for edits. This is a fair young not quite adult story... It felt - reasonable in its content and plot.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Elizabeth Magenta Crisp

4 Years Ago

So you mean like chapters?
Chris

4 Years Ago

for here - yes. Within the final finished story - no.
Elizabeth Magenta Crisp

4 Years Ago

okay, thanks



Reviews

I would suggest parsing it out into smaller bits - least for here. the length as one cogent piece becomes daunting... a little more line space would help to...drafts need room for edits. This is a fair young not quite adult story... It felt - reasonable in its content and plot.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Elizabeth Magenta Crisp

4 Years Ago

So you mean like chapters?
Chris

4 Years Ago

for here - yes. Within the final finished story - no.
Elizabeth Magenta Crisp

4 Years Ago

okay, thanks

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
1 Review
Added on April 28, 2020
Last Updated on May 7, 2020
Tags: short story

Author

Elizabeth Magenta Crisp
Elizabeth Magenta Crisp

Jacksonville, FL



About
I'm just looking for advice on my writing so I can become better at it. I also have a severe case of writer's block. more..