Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Been spiked with a zombifying representative

Been spiked with a zombifying representative

A Story by ZoroJie
"

Runescape started the Pirates series of quests with "Rum Deal."

"
RSgoldfast, Runescape - With the latest release of "Pieces of Hate," the long-running MMO Runescape ends up a quest line that has lasted for 13 decades. In 2005, Runescape started the Pirates series of quests with "Rum Deal." Pirates is the story of the villainous, tentacle-armed Rabid Jack laying siege to the pirate base of Mos Le'Harmless, whose rum has additionally been spiked with a zombifying representative. "It is your average Lovecraftian pirate humor," David Osborne, Runescape lead writer, told Kotaku over email.

"Pieces of Hate" is the final pursuit in the Pirates series, which the development team has been operating bit by bit for over a decade. The pursuit line got new quests every couple of decades. Prior to "Pieces of Hate," the latest pursuit was 2011's "A Clockwork Syringe." As part of the March 19th upgrade, programmer Jagex published "Pieces of Hate," giving gamers their final confrontation with Rabbid Jack to save the pirates of Mos Le'Harmless.

"While we would really like to say that we've proposed the show to last 13 years, we'd be lying!" Osborne said. "We've been telling stories in the series for as long as we could eliminate it, and our players have strangely let us."

Players have appreciated the long-running quest collection. "My favorite parts have only become the tone and humor--creepy sea based terror combined with some very silly things," stated a Runescape participant called Maridiem over Reddit personal messages. He has been playing the game for ten years. Long term players such as him are used to Runescape pursuit lines taking a long time to finish. The Elven pursuit took 12 years to finish, he said, and there's still one ongoing quest, the Desert series, that started in 2005. "While it is not uncommon for a series to go on for awhile, it is really lovely to find a different 'finale' of sorts," he explained.

"Five distinct designers have composed quests in this particular series, and each has tried to one-up the other," Osborne stated. "That is the secret to the show' longevity, but it is also the sense we need from it : increasingly overblown, farcical epics with adventure and humour in equal measure."

The team and the players alike were fond of the Pirates show' humor. "[Players are] still finding jokes that we've concealed," Osborne stated. "One of those characters was known as 50 percent Luke, by way of example, because he has had so many injuries he's half-wooden. Well, a explosion causes chunks of their wood to come off, so he's now become 66.6% Recurring Luke."

While "Pieces of Hate" is the finale for the Pirates show, Osborne isn't so certain the story is finished. "I think [the
development group] are conscious that the Pirates series will never really be over," he said, "and a few ridiculous contrivance will lead to everything to kick again."

According to Maridiem, there are a number of hints that it might continue. Jagex is presently transitioning the game in the "5th era" to the "6th age." The 5th era was the "Age of Man," where gods couldn't directly influence the world. In the 6th age, gods have a whole lot more direct impact--and it just so happens that there was a Lovecraftian god in the Pirates pursuit series who'd been attempting to influence events. "It wrapped up the most important story and all," Maridiem said, "but blatantly left a lot open for future tales."

So if you are a fan of the Pirates quests, then not worry--you will probably see them at the next 13 years.

Runescape Special Deal 130M RS07 - rsgoldfast.com

© 2018 ZoroJie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on August 9, 2018
Last Updated on August 9, 2018
Tags: Runescape gold, 07rs gold

Author

ZoroJie
ZoroJie

Alaska, AZ



About
MMOgo NBA Live Mobile Coins,Madden Mobile Coins,NBA 2K18 MT Coins,FIFA Mobile Coins, and so on. more..

Writing