Taking Advantage.

Taking Advantage.

A Story by Melekije
"

In a matter of 24 hours I watched two different instances; two opposite parts of my life, one with my family, the other with friends, lose a life. This is how it made me feel.

"
When does it strike a person that they are taking advantage of the life they live?
Wake up at four in the afternoon due to excessive amounts hours used by the night?
Curious to whether or not it is even remembered? Spending useless time in front of the television that spews out nothingness rather than somethingness? Spending hours looking and contemplating all the negative situations that have made you 'the person you are today?' Forgetting that we are only still so young and still have so much more that will make us, us. We should be taking advantage of our life; however not in the way we've been doing so. Working for nothing to show, families abandoned. Feelings neglected. Do we sometimes forget that today might be our last? Or do we have this preconceived idea that we are immortal due to the habits we are addicted to. Selfishness has taken a new definition recently, too busy to make a call, too tired to stop by and say hello. We cannot blame our ignorance on anything but our self; And that would be genuine selfishness folks.  Why are we waiting until travesty and heartache make us open our blind eyes? Everything happens for a reason. The domino effect. Gather friends and family, friends that are family and family that are friends, and embark on journeys that unite the souls rather than make them wait. Take advantage of long car drives and endless laughter. Take advantage of singing the same song, and being in the same room. Take advantage of bonfires and ghost stories. Most importantly hold on to and cherish love, the love for anyone and anything. Yesterday morning I stood in front of someone I love and the only thing keeping their heart beating was a machine. A machine. Beep after beep I questioned why I haven't called, what made me that busy though out the years? I was lucky to at least get one last look at the life that will soon be disconnected with the flip of a switch. I couldn't say sorry, who would hear? I couldn't say anything. I could however take that as a reality check. Don't be afraid to tell someone you love them. Or just to say hello. Hello, I love you. Have a great day. To those who have lost many, for the sake of their souls, please, please, please just start showing some love rather than holding on to regret. Regret of not doing something so small. For the sake of all those lives who had so much more to live, LIVE IT FOR THEM. Now is not the time to dig a hole and hide, now is the time to hold a light high and help spread it to everyone no matter how big or small they've impacted your life. When it rains it pours, but f**k umbrellas, come and dance in the rain. Take advantage.  
 

© 2013 Melekije


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

impressed.truly good journal piece.and yes,sometimes we seem to be ungratefull for what we have but that is because there is also a big amount of what we lost and we can hardly move from all the life experiences pulling us down.

keep up!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
1 Review
Added on December 13, 2013
Last Updated on December 13, 2013